NEED SMOOTHIE RECIPES! & Shakeology?

Amy01Liz
Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
Hey everyone.. I need smoothie recipes! They can be fruit smoothies, protein, green smoothies... anything!

Also, has anyone heard of Shakeology? If so, what is your honest review? I have an opportunity to get the Tropical Strawberry but have read a lot of mixed reviews on it.

Thanks yall!

Replies

• stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    http://www.momontimeout.com/2014/01/62-smoothie-recipes/

The above link may help you out to start..... I have heard of Shakeology...
    Still not sold on it. Not sure if I like the monthly commitment. Check your health food store for other options.
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    thank you! Those smoothies look AWESOME
  • gingeriner
    gingeriner Posts: 8 Member
    i just bought a sample pack from a friend and have been having them to supplement my breakfast as i am not a big breafkast eater. so i have been using them all week. i use half a scoop i like them actually more then my protein powder, depending on cost if i will keep ordering them or not. chocolate was better then vanilla but i have no tried strawberry
  • gingeriner
    gingeriner Posts: 8 Member
    i also should mention i take half a scoop of the chocolate shakeology then a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a banaana. or you can do some PB2 or ive also done raspberries.
  • Here's my REALLY simple, REALLY inexpensive smoothie secret......Carnation Instant Breakfast Packets (No Sugar Added). One of my favorite smoothies is...

4 oz. 1% milk (50 calories)
    4 oz. Fat Free Strawberry Banana Kifer (75 calories)
    1 packet vanilla flavored Instant Breakfast (60 calories)
    Pour together in a Blender Ball Bottle with ice and shake it up. Delicious!

12.5g Protein, 185 Calories and a bunch of other good for you vitamins, minerals, probiotics and electrolytes...it satiates sweets cravings, and is also filling enough for a light meal replacement.

I haven't tried mixing the Kefir with chocolate flavored packs yet, but I might just give that a try today ; ) Good luck!

- Amy
  • Oh and additional FYI....

You need to be very careful with nutritional supplement shake mixes ie. shakeology, herbalife, slimfast etc. These mixes have very high concentrations of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes - higher than you'd normally take in through a regular diet of FOOD. As a nurse I've seen people go into kidney failure and have other major health issues from overdosing on these kinds of shakes. So please please be careful with them. Just because the idea of vitamins and minerals are "natural" doesn't mean that they can't harm you. Some vitamins and minerals in excess will just be wasted by your body through good old poop and pee, but others actually are stored by your body - this is where you can get into trouble. So again, just be careful!!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    hi

I tried 1 bag of chocolate Shakeology, I wanted to find out what this was all about.
    The flavor is good, but I've had other protein shakes that tasted just as good. The price is CRAZY though, I just can't bring myself to keep buying it, The "coaches" aren't really trained, they just make a cut of the sale, this isn't bad, but I agree with above, careful to not take too many supplements into your system. I now eat healthy, I do buy protein shakes but not live on them. I try to eat balanced meals with lots of seeds, fruits, veggies, beans, and minimal meats. I'm an omnivore but try to eat as healthiest as possible.

There's so many great smoothie recipes on the web,I like to add chia seeds, cinnamon, and fruit to my protein powders.
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    I use 1 frozen banana (peel and freeze when good and brown), an individual or similar size scoop of greek yogurt and whatever fruit I feel like. Sometimes I buy frozen berries- if I do that then I add some milk. Sometimes I have pre-made fruit salad at home and just add a serving of that, there's usually enough liquid to skip milk for this. My last smoothie included fruit salad of: blueberries, grapes, kiwi, strawberries and pineapple. That made for one yummy smoothie!

For when I'm craving something smoothie like but don't want the calories, 1 whole orange blended with ice is a delicious treat, especially on a hot summer day.