Zumba!!!

Options
I have been doing Zumba for about a month and was wondering if anyone else has been enjoying this wonderfully fun and energizing form of exercise! I absolutley love it and I'm also wondering how we can get that put on as a form of exercise for when we log our cardio!!!

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Its high time it get put as an option however I really do looove my HRM and keeping track of calories myself! I'm a cheap gal and went with Wally World's HRM option but its made it so much fun to see how many calories I'm burning! :o)

I ♥ ZUMBA!!!!!!!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    I've always wanted to try Zumba! I wonder if there's any fun workout DVDs you can do from home.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing it for months and LOVE it!!! =)

I used a HRM and it worked out the same as "Aerobic's - High Impact"
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try Zumba! I wonder if there's any fun workout DVDs you can do from home.

The workout DVD's are available from www.zumba.com... thats how it originally started! =]
  • kokimo79
    Options
    I picked up the new Zumba for Wii today and it was totally awesome. If you like Zumba you should get this.
  • dawnalis
    Options
    I think I have been logging it as high impact aerobics, because I typed in dance once and I KNEW that all that sweat was worth a hell of alot more calories than that...lol
  • dawnalis
    Options
    Zumba for Wii, hells yes that would be awesome.........I didn't know that had such a thing........oh so going on my xmas wish list!!!!
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    I picked up the new Zumba for Wii today and it was totally awesome. If you like Zumba you should get this.

I want to get that-so it's really worth it??
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I've been doing zumba for just shy of a year and LOOOOVE IT. I'm a bonified zumba fairy. Sadly with a job change and getting used to different hours not to mention part to full time I'm adjusting... I used to go 2-4 times a week!! I prefer my HRM for calorie burn b/c it's always different. Depends on my energy level, the instructor and the songs/routines.

Zumba :heart:
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

mine was shipped today! i can't wait to get it!
  • kokimo79
    Options
    The Wii game has many more moves than the DVD set... It is a great change up from the normal dancing. You should try it
  • patsaffo
    Options
    I am almost 58 years old, and would love to try Zumba, but am afraid I won't be able to keep up. I need courage.
  • SlipperySlope
    Options
    Patsaffo:
    Don't worry! It's 100% self-paced, so if you're a 20 year old amazing dancer, you can rock out, but if you're not quite up to their speed, you can just do your own lighter version...still fun. Try it--I bet you'll like it!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Anyone getting the Wii fit Zumba? I heard it's coming out soon and wondered if anyone knows anything about it.

Shannon
  • dawnalis
    Options
    Maybe I should take my HRM with me to class and see where I'm at! The instructor told me you can burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories in an hour, that's insane.......after class I always feel like I burned about 1000...lol! And it doesn't matter what age you are the steps are pretty easy to follow and you can go at your own pace and take a break whenever you feel you need too!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I go to classes with two different Zumba instructors....and they've apparently decided, independently, to work glutes this week..... I'm a little whiney, and it hurts to sit down. Everything else is fine. The silver lining is that I apparently do have muscles in my butt.
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I saw this today on an infomercial and was kind of skeptical....they kept telling me i was having a party at my house etc (what I wouldn't do for a party at my house!!!).

Is it really fun or are you dying after a few minutes? I know after working out with one of the "biggest loser" tapes I was ready to call 9/11.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    How "high impact" is this?

I've had a bit of bad luck with a series of injuries and illness.
    I'm in Physical Therapy now and the PT just cleared me for yoga.

Literally been years since I've been able to work out on a regular basis.
    This sounds like a ton of fun, could be a goal to work for, but also afraid I'll set myself back to square one if I push too soon.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Its very latin dancey, so like cha-cha step. The class I take doesn't have much jumping so its not hard on the joints that way. Just the side to side movements.

The Wii version just came out this week. I haven't bought it yet, I would like some reviews before I spend the money.

I use my heart rate monitor in class and I burn around 650 cal in that hour.
  • indianajonex
    Options
    I agree with you, saw the videos in you tube and looks so fun!.
    I'm waiting too for the reviews to buy the wii or the xbox, I think it would be good to mix it up with the swimming pool.