Lose that Muffin Top

What is the best way to lose that muffin top?

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    calorie defecit.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    calorie deficit.

And time
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    calorie deficit.

And time

...spent working out so there is some tone that gets revealed as the fat goes away.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 458 Member
    bump for later to see some suggestions my problem area
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    calorie deficit.

And time

And pants that fit properly.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Eat a balanced diet within your calorie goals and exercise.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    It does help to do ab work because it will activate the muscles underneath which will then make your stomach look way better when you do lose the fat (and I find, even when I have a small muffin top, if I do a hard ab workout, it looks like I have LESS of a muffin top).

But the only way you lose fat is by a calorie deficit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member

Yes, and this ^^
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    calorie deficit.

And time

Hahaha! Definitely this.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    I agree with the above suggestions. But also want to add that buying clothes in the right size will help to not cause a muffin top to begin with.

I can't tell you how many girls I see (granted, this is mostly at my daughters school, she's 13) that have an average body size, yet they buy their jeans so tight and/or small that they're spilling out of the top.
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member

Yes, and this ^^

LOL, I totally agree! It's my trouble area... that... and my inner thighs! I've read a million times though that it is more about diet than exercise so looking to see what others think!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Calorie deficit, lifting. I still have a long way to go but I am now the same size I was 5 years ago when I was 20# lighter... all attributed to lifting heavy and eating at a moderate deficit. It takes time... but you'll eventually get there.

As for the pants that fit properly comment... even wearing jeans that fit me properly I still have those good ol' love handles hanging out over the side. I hold ALL my excess weight in my midsection.
  • kaylerato
    kaylerato Posts: 18 Member
    Strength training