Pork Loin Steaks

Options
BekkiBradbury
BekkiBradbury Posts: 11 Member
So I sent my hubby to the shops with instruction to buy me some meat for dinners this week. I expected a steak of some kind or a joint of beef or pork. He came home with 8 pork loin steaks. I plan to have one with potatoes and veg with gravy or some sauce or other, and will freeze the other 7 so I can keep them longer. Although I have no idea's as to what to do with them, beyond repeating my original idea. So, what creative meals do you guys create with pork loin steaks?

Replies

• rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Rub it with cocoa powder (unsweetened) and grill it. Serve it with some lightly grilled veggies and a roll. Or cut it up into cubes and make kabobs with lots of veggies and serve it with a little brown rice. I like to use pineapple, red pepper, and onion with a glaze made out some of the pineapple juice and some hoisin sauce.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tacos or burritos
  • charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cajun spice works really well - rub some in and then pan fry and have with veggies, also did a honey and mustard glaze same thing... think I got the same deal thing
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just garlic salt and pepper them most of the time. Pork is really juicy and flavorful.

You can always bread them. (It's quite amazing, just takes longer)
  • tjcnc
    tjcnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like to grill them with just a little sea salt and pepper with a side salad and maybe a baked potato
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Have I got a recipe for you...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-stuffed-with-feta-spinach-10000001599621/

Healthy and mouth-watering!
  • jonjacoby
    Options
    We just had them with a light BBQ drizzle with coleslaw on top, no bread, but were delicious!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love pork loin. They are great in so many ways. With bbq sauce, lightly seasoned and grilled, pork carnitias, pork fried rice, sliced thin and stir fried with veggies, sliced thin and sauteed in garlic infused olive oil then tossed with spaghetti squash or thin spaghetti. It's not really the season for cooking outside where I am, but they are great on a charcoal grill!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like to brine them, rub them with thyme and sage, and pop them under the broiler. Eat as-is, slice for salads, or cube to toss into soups.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Once you have had loin with new pots and veg or Mash and baked beans what next...? DICE THEM.

You can then add spices or herbs and use for stir frys, curries, pasta dishes or jacket potato toppings if you dice smaller... its a great tasting versitile meat you can do anything you like with (just like chicken)

My husband cooks most nights but when I get bored with the same ol, same ol or he decides he wants something different I jump in and litterally just make it up by going through the cupboards and fridge to see what we have.

Try chopping your meat, onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms & courgettes . Fry with a little 1 cal in the order as written, when you add the courgettes add either chopped fresh tomatoes (with or without skin dependent on your taste) or a can of tinned tomatoes. After about 5 mins from the tomms going in, serve either with rice or pasta....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Schnitzel, tonkatsu
  • ChloeEliizabeth
    ChloeEliizabeth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cut into strips, stir fry with veggies, add some sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and stock with a bit of corn flower, bring to the boil and then let it simmer and serve with rice or noodles. It's absolutely delicious! (It's a recipe I got from my mum's Slimmers World magazines so it's lovely and healthy!)
  • BekkiBradbury
    BekkiBradbury Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So many amazing sounding ideas here! I'm excited to try them all, and probably have enough pork in my freezer to do it!