Not so new here

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Jenefer and I've been using MFP app for a while now, I just never knew there was an entire community and a way for all of us to communicate and ask questions. This would have been seriously helpful a few weeks ago. Well, iI guess iI might as well throw my numbers out there for you all. I'm a 23 year old female and my highest weight was 237 lbs. So far I've lost 11lbs and I hope to lose about 100 more! I'm only 5'2 so this should put me within a normal range. I am on a 1200 calorie/day 'diet' if that's what you would like to call it, I like to think of it more as a journey to change the way I think about and look at food. I do not have 'cheat' days because I try to make sure I'm not depriving myself of anything, this has been cause for some rather disgusting binges in the past. I am working out, right now I'm just doing 30 minutes on the elliptical a day and plan on adding in some weights here soon. I did complete 30 of the 60 day Insanity program, got discouraged because my body wawasn't changing and gave up. I plan on jumping back into Insanity when I'm under the 200 lb mark in hopes that one day iI will have the body I want. I am quite busy, iI work full time, I'm a student in college, and I have a 4 year old son. My figurative plate is full and iI wish my literal plate was alittle fuller. Lol. Well, I guess thatsthat's plenty. Hope everyone has a great day :-)

Replies

• bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Glad to see you found the community page and feel free to add me if you want to start having friends on here. Encouragement is good to give and get. Cheat days are fine but don't let it become a habit. Even on a cheat day I try to stay within my calories. How has the elliptical been going for you? I saw you mention 30 minutes but you didn't really say what you were doing. I found myself being lazy on the elliptical until someone gave me a good plan. Start out at a level of resistance and increase it by two every one minute. I do that five times and then do two minutes at the highest level. Then come back down by two every minute and do two minutes at the bottom level. So if you started at resistance 4 you would increase to 6 after one minute and so on all the way to level 12 and do two minutes at that level. Then come back down to 4 and do two minutes at that level. And keep doing that for 30 minutes. That really gets my heart pumping. Good luck!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like support...

I'm 32, 33 next month (not looking forward to it).
    Starting weight - 185
    Current weight - 111.5
    Goal weight - 105

Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • goldenopp
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. Mfp is an amazing tool in more ways than one. A lot of times it's easier to quit doing right than to push thru. So, push thru with us! Feel free to add me. I've also found a group on fb that's closed, and great for accountability, motivation and support. There's always room for more! Let me know if you would like to join!
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I am doing 30 minutes on the 'weight loss' setting for the elliptical. It starts with a resistance level of 5 and switches back and forth to resistance level of 10. I try to beat the distance from the previous day and tonight I will be trying to go further than 1.20 miles. Even if it's just .01 Of a mile. Its giving me quite a workout right now but I'm excited about hitting the weights next week :-)
  • thin_is_pretty
    Options
    I am a girl who is almost 15 years old and form Utah.I have been using MFP for about two years on and off, but now my foods an nutrition teacher wants us to record EVERYTHING we eat for the rest of the semester, so I'm back on for good. I'm trying to lose weight. Height: 5'6 CW: 150 GW:120 UGW:100 I would love to be your friend on here and wish you all good luck :):flowerforyou: