Meal replacement shakes???

Options
Hi everyone! Just wondering what your suggestions would be for meal replacement shakes? I have been drinking one slimfast shake every morning for breakfast due to needing to eat something but hating to eat actual food, it makes me sick. I really like just drinking a shake and being good until lunch. What are your takes on slimfast shakes? Any others you would recommend that I could just buy at a regular store?
Thanks! Hope everyone has a blessed day! :)

Replies

• chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried to SlimFast in years but when I tried them about 5 years ago I thought that they were funny tasting. I currently keep Special K meal replacement shakes and bars on hand. They are great for when I am on the go or if I am busy w/ work and cannot stop for a regular meal. I use chocolate shakes and I love them. For the Bars I use chocolate peanut butter. First time I tried one I was like there is no way that this will fill me; it's like a big candy bar. Let me tell you I was full almost before I finished eating it and it really did fill me up for hours!
  • kdjones68
    Options
    I use Premiem Nutrition Low Fat Chocolate shake, it only has 1 g of sugar, 160 calories and 30g of protein plus it tastes GREAT. I usuall buy it at Sam's Club ($16 for a box of 24), it's a little more expensive at Costco.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I liked making smoothies out of Designer Whey protein powder. I would blend it in my 16oz mini blender with light vanilla soy milk, some frozen fruit, and a bit of juice to taste. It was quite yummy (using the strawberry or vanilla flavored powder). With the chocolate powder, it tastes good with peanut butter. I found them filling. I switched to Shakeology recently and I'm happy with that as well, mixed the same as the chocolate Designer Whey shake.
  • CORTNEY5
    CORTNEY5 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think slimfast shakes are a good option because when you're dieting you're really limiting your food intake and therefore limiting your nutrition. Slimfast shakes are full of vitamins and minerals and tons of other good things and are really not full of calories. I think they are a good choice for breakfast and they really do taste pretty good. Even if you get the powder and mix them with milk to get the extra vitamin D and calcium, that would also be a good way to go.
  • bkmuush
    Options
    I like the slim fast because they are very inexpensive and portable - makes it easy. I also don't really like eating breakfast, food makes me feel kind of sick in the a.m. I bought a little $10 blender once and often I put in a scoop or two of protein powder with some fruit & spinach or flaxseed...it's pretty good with chocolate flavored protein powder. But I've been know to grab my can of slim fast too. If it's working for you, then thats all that matters! A lot of people are really against slim fast saying it's not filling but if you are satisfied till lunch then it's working for you :)
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i like the gnc lean shakes :)
  • Charlie001
    Options
    optimum nutrition double chocolate. MMMMMM,MMMMMM, good.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I used to drink the slim fast shakes a lot for the same reasons. I haven't bought any since the recall but I liked the taste. Now a days I make a green monster smoothie for breakfast. I buy fruit in bulk and freeze it then blend it all together in the morning. With spinach added its a great morning breakfast, fast and filling and natural.

Do what works for you.
  • Mrbackslap
    Options
    Protein powder with skim milk and a banana with lots of ice and a bit of vanilla extract in the blender.
    :drinker:
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    I"ve done SLim Fast in the past... I'm not a fan of there's because of the sugar content. I"ve done vanilla protein powders from GNC and Wal-mart with Banana, skim milk and Flax seed oil. They were pretty good. Now I have switched over to Shakeology for the very reasons mentioned earlier... packed with nutrition. I love the fact that is made from whole foods, no artificial junk or fillers to save on cost. It's worth every penny and I won't go back!
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR! EEK!

I prefer to buy and consume any type of protein that is CARB FREE! Including Sugar. Mine, Allmax Isoflex (in amazing flavours) tastes delicious with a banana. :)

It's got 120calories, 2g's of carbs, 28g's of protein and NO FAT! :)

ENJOY!

Not trying to "sell" anything.. unline the people that are for the shakeology... they all tried to push it on you...
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Not trying to "sell" anything.. unline the people that are for the shakeology... they all tried to push it on you...

Kind of a generalizing statement don't you think?
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Been using shakeology since May. It comes out to $4 a shake. You can purchase it straight off Shakeology site without going through a coach.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

Kind of a generalizing statement don't you think?

I know, right? I love Shakeology and suggest it to people, but that doesn't mean that I am trying to make a buck off of them. Other coaches might do that, but NOT ALL coaches are like that. Sheesh...
  • flynabster
    Options
    I use SlimFast in the mornings too....I don't like to eat so early in the morning....
    I actually prefer the Equate brand from walmart....not as sweet tasting....

I will make my own some mornings...skim milk, whey protein, frozen fruit.....really tasty....
  • serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i like the gnc lean shakes. they taste great and i can satisfy my chocolate fix without adding all the calories and sugar. i get the swiss chocolate and my bf gets the vanilla. he says the vanilla is good too. :)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the idea of meal replacements, but I did once spend some time on Isogenix (sp??). The program I think is ridiculous, but the shakes were delicious. I loved the vanilla shake blended with ice and fresh strawberries. I would have one of those any day!! Unfortunately, it's a multi-level marketing scheme, so I don't know if you can buy just the shake powder without the whole "system" or without the constant sales-pitching from people who hawk the stuff for them.
  • vanspy65
    vanspy65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Herbalifes Smoothies, and I'm going to become a dealer to get my stuff at discount. Plus did I mention I'm in love with their Smoothies?? lol