Turbo Fire Question

Options
Hi!

I just started Turbo Fire and I'm now addicted to it. I'm wondering... as a level of intensity, could it be compared to jogging or running. Would it be considered a vigorous intensity activity? I'm trying to figure out if I'm reaching my goal as of minutes spent doing vigorous intensity activity and also wondering what it could be compared to....
Thank you!

Replies

• mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    anyone??
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    It would be considered high intensity. Especially the hiit workouts. For logging purposes I use a hrm monitor and create my own exercise.
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    In one of the video's she says doing this video is like running 5 or 6 miles.
  • candj2009
    candj2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and create my own workouts.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you put into it I would call it High intensity. If you don't have one get a heart rate monitor...best gift my husband ever got me. Love the workouts but too hard on my joints to do it all the time.
  • FitWithFarrarLinds
    Options
    Investing in a heart-rate monitor is the way to go for any and all workouts: that way you know exactly what you/your body burns doing any workout (including strength training!)
  • tospaa
    tospaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Turbo Fire as well. I use a heart rate monitor to track calories I burn. Here are the results for the ones I did until now for a general guideline:

Fire 30 + Stretch 10 --> Did this 2 times with "New to Class" option, they were around 550. Once without "New to Class", it was 470.
    HIIT 15 + Stretch 10 --> Just did it once, 260 calories.
    Tone 30 --> Again, once. 250.
    Stretch 40 --> 165.

Please note that my level of fitness is pretty low, and I struggled especially with HIIT 15 and rested a bit. I still completed it though. I also have no idea how HRMs behave when using them for a non-cardio workout, like stretch 40. But I still logged it, as my heart rate was still pretty high I just assumed it should calculate it well enough.
  • mel4bee
    Options

One of the HIIT videos or Fire ones?
  • j_zanzig
    j_zanzig Posts: 113 Member
    Options

One of the HIIT videos or Fire ones?

Fire
  • mel4bee
    Options
    Thank you! it actually helps me a lot.!