Clean meal ideas

Options
Hello Lovelies,

I am new to MFP and so far I enjoy it. I have been on a weight loss track for 2 months, and I must admit that I'm BORED with my food. I tried to eat really healthy but everything is the same. My regular breakfast consist of eggs or oatmeal. Lunch is veggies or soup and dinner is meat (mainly chicken) and veggies. Please give me some ideas for all meals. Keep them relatively clean and healthy.

Replies

• cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm going through the same thing. Today I plan on searching for some great clean recipes on the web. If we seek, we will find! :) Let me know what you come up with.

For breakfast, my go to is egg whites, sautéed mushroom, onions and spinach with a small amount of feta, top it off with some medium salsa. Yum.. always looking for ways to bulk up my meals with beans, veggies or fruit.. Good luck to you.
  • andread123
    andread123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out the spicy shrimp and bell pepper toss from Clean Eating Magazine -- we make it for dinner about once every weeks. Serve with brown rice and a salad. YUM!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of "clean"?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    My definition of clean is going to vary from yours. Clean is where there is no dirt on my food! Everyone seems to have their own version so you are going to be more specific - some people don't want carbs, some people don't want sugar. And some people - like me - eat anything that is in my calorie limit.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com has a whole bunch of recipes to try out - reading through there gave me a few ideas how to remake some old favorites, too. The site layout is kind of a pain, but I've never had a bad time with the food.
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you been successful with weight loss yet? Ideas to add to your mornings eggs: make an omelette with sautéed onions/gariic/kale/ mushrooms and any other veggies in your frig. When I'm close to the TOM, I usually incorporate eggs into my morning meals. At other times I have oatmeal in the morning with 1/2 banana, toasted walnuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. the banana is used for sweetener. I have the other 1/2 banana for snack after the gym.

Good luck achieving your goal!
  • stefanieraya
    stefanieraya Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Try to app - Food on the Table. All recipes are healthy and it creates a grocery list for you based on sale items in your zipcode. Brilliant!
    I am not a nutritionist so I would seek out the advice of an expert regarding your diet. But generally what we eat isn't the right nutrients we need daily. We all start off great in the morning but as the day goes on life gets in the way and we make bad choices. If you love to cook try that app. If you aren't a fan of cooking, look for a program that fits your lifestyle that provides your body the best nutrition available. Eat to live, don't live to eat.
  • choffman1298
    choffman1298 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    PINTEREST has a ton of recipes!

Also, check out www.tonetiki.com . The writer lost 150lbs just by eating clean! She has a ton of recipes and tips on her site. Truly has helped me many times with delicious (and easy) recipes! ALSO, she just so happens to have been chosen to appear on this season's "The Taste" on ABC!!!

Try making oatmeal "pancakes" with eggs whites and oatmeal blended together, yum!
  • loveandlaughloud
    loveandlaughloud Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oooh, mushrooms with eggs sound good. I'm going to try it.
  • loveandlaughloud
    Options

Great question! I want to limit/reduce sugar and salt. I really also want to continuing curbing complex carbs intake. So mainly, low salt, sugar, and carbohydrates.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Great question! I want to limit/reduce sugar and salt. I really also want to continuing curbing complex carbs intake. So mainly, low salt, sugar, and carbohydrates.

so basically restrict everything..

I can't help here...
  • loveandlaughloud
    Options
    Thank you for the great tips. I'm sitting here checking out every recommendations. I really appreciate it.

So far, I have lost 25lbs since November and its mainly due to just drinking more water, incorporating more vegatables, and limiting complex carbs/sugar intake. I love carbs, such as rice and bread. I used to eat more than 2 slices of bread for breakfast and lunch on daily basis and a LARGE spoon of rice for dinner.

Curbing carbs has been helpful. Now I just want different ways to incorporate more natural, healthier food in everyday, simple meals.