5'1" female with 50+ lbs to lose!

Options
Hello all. I am a HUGE fan of the myfitnesspal iPhone app, and have finally decided to utilize the online community as well. These forums are awesome! The support offered is amazing!

During college, I put on roughly 40 pounds. After graduating, I gained 15 more pounds over one short summer. Over the years, I've struggled with binge-eating disorder, alcohol abuse, toxic relationships, anxiety, and depression. All of these factors contributed to a massive weight gain on my petite 5'1" frame. And I am beyond ready to get it off. Food is NOT a painkiller.

Putting my past in the rear-view mirror, I am finally focusing on ME - my health, happiness, and well-being. I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I have given up alcohol, rid my apartment of processed junk foods, committed to clean eating only, and started a regular workout regimen. I invite you to follow my journey to a happier, healthier, and STRONGER me.

So far, I have lost almost 10 pounds. I would love to lose at least 40 more.

I invite you to follow my journey to good health and happiness: www.HappyByHayley.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance for your support! :-)

Replies

• bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also 5'1" with 50-55lbs to lose. It is a struggle some days, but just keep working hard and you will see positive results. Feel free to look at my diary if you want any low calorie ideas for meals. Granted I am not a good cook so u choose a lot of easy meals(fruits, frozen low cal meals, healthy cereal). It's always nice to meet another person of similar body frame to motivate one another. I'll add you. Good luck!!
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Keep it up, guys! I know you can do it if you set your mind to it.
  • valmegb
    valmegb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from someone roughly the same height as me, I'm 5ft. I've a minimum of 15lbs to lose but would love to lose 22lbs! I need all the encouragement and support I can get.

Soo let's do it together!!!
  • HaySchu
    HaySchu Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi. I am also 5'1" with 50-55lbs to lose. It is a struggle some days, but just keep working hard and you will see positive results. Feel free to look at my diary if you want any low calorie ideas for meals. Granted I am not a good cook so u choose a lot of easy meals(fruits, frozen low cal meals, healthy cereal). It's always nice to meet another person of similar body frame to motivate one another. I'll add you. Good luck!!

Bethany, I added you! You've already lost 29 pounds?! That's awesome! About how long did it take you? I'd love to know more about you and your story! :smile:
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey I am just under 5'1 with more than 50 lbs to lose, I have added you xxx
  • JesterJoe
    Options
    I have been on my journey for a little over a year now. The daily challenges with food choices and exercise is constant. Maybe that is what we take away from this? As long as there are daily challenges, there are daily choices. Where there are choices, there is the potential for progress. When you no longer have the struggle, you have chosen to give up.

Feel free to join my journey, everyone, and we can share our struggles together.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and need to lose over 50 pounds..
  • wmahunter
    Options

do not worry if you can cook or not it takes time. But found this website and has good food. Skinnytaste.com also check out http://www.elanaspantry.com/.

Good food without all the extra pounds.
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am 5'2" and have 55lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and have around 75 lbs to lose after this pregnancy is over. :) Good luck ladies! I'll be starting my weight loss in August (after my 6 week check up).
  • loves86
    loves86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and have approximately 30 lbs left to lose on my journey. Feel free to friend me!
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am also 5'1". I started eating better and moving more in July of this year. In July I was at 161 lbs. and I am now at 129. I am working my way down to the 110-115 range. Anyone can feel free to add me- would love having some shorty friends!
  • iampurebeautie
    iampurebeautie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot short (haha) and at my heaviest, i weighed 398 pounds... I cant even believe i let my small frame get that big!!!...
    I currently weight 292 pounds and my goal is to lost 70 lbs by my 30th birthday which is July 30th and lose a total of 85-100 by 2015!

ANYONE- Feel free to send me a request!!! I love new friends who are motivated and encouraging!!! Im very active on MFP via the app or computer. I post everyday, send comments and private messages. I do reply blogs and of course I log my food everyday and do a weekly weight check in

i wish everyone much success on their journeys and again...dont for get to add me :-) tootles!!!

21874701.png
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    4'11" here with 45 pounds to lose. I am on the Ideal Protein diet, which is a diet consisting of their food, with unlimited lettuce with 2 cups of veggies for lunch and the same for dinner with 8oz of protein.

So far in 3 weeks I have lost 9.5 pounds. This is a diet, but it is supposed to be sustanible if you follow the 4 stages - I am currently in stage 1.

Cheers
    Claudette
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been using MFP for 3 years and I love it. I've lost a total of 73lbs and currently have 7lbs to go. I log everyday and I love to have a friend base to keep me accountable. Anyone is welcome to add me.

Height - 5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW - 111.5
    GW - 105

Good luck :happy:
  • momma2kas
    momma2kas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm about 5'3" with 50 pounds to lose also. Been yo yo dieting with fad diets for years. Just "restarted" MFP a couple of days ago and love reading everybody's journey for encouragement! Feel free to add me...Best of luck!
  • Lexy5028
    Lexy5028 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi...I have roughly been using MFP for about 1.5 months. I have a goal to lose atleast 40 lbs by summer. Currently I have lost 12 lbs in my first month. I do need encouragement, so feel free to add me. I try to limit the amounts of food I eat and I exercise atleast 4-5 times a week. This journey is tough but Im excited to see where it will take me.