Hair Loss ,Easly Bruising, Pale Skin

Options
i started on my weight loss journey on july 22 2013 im 165lbs that time now im 128lbs in 3 months time i lose 35 lbs i don't drink or taking any weight loss pills that time i only doing 30 mins of zumba and 1200cal aday and after 3 months of loosing 35 lbs i stopped working out and just sit allday and only eat 1200cal a day i started noticing hair loss during month 3-4 of my weight loss this jan 22 im 6 months on my weight loss journey people started noticing my weight loss on month 3 and they noticed im pale and im started to get easily bruised now i have 5 bruises on my legs not that so visible but i getting it so easily and im started to worry as of now i lose 52 lbs im not getting tired or dizziness i upped my caloris on month 5 by on dec 2013 to 1400cal but still getting hair loss and bruises the only thing that change me is im loosing hair like 7 stands during bath and 30 strands during combing after bath to dry my hair , im doing that everytime so i know my hair loss is not normal, can anyone has this symthoms or does anyone know whats happening to me? ,

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Um. Go see a doctor! Now. Like right now. Ffs.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    No idea, but maybe you are due to a visit to the doctor.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's bound to be some disruption to your endocrine system or some type of anemia, etc. that diet and exercise can bring up. Particularly what you were doing! Yeah, you'll need some blood levels checked. Sorry :( It's probably relatively easy to rectify, so just go get it done :)

It's hard on a good day to get the nutrients you need on 1200 calories. Folks need to remember that. I'm iron anemic to the degree now that I have to take icky pills for 6 months to build up my blood marrow stores! I wish I'd eaten enough iron all along (and my period caused it, too). The megadose pills hurt my stomach! Vitamins, etc matter... very much!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    ^QFT OP seriously get off the forums and go see a medical professional as these could be symptoms of something serious...my guess is serious malnutrition BUT I am NOT a doctor!!

ETA:Do you read the warning at the bottom of the page, if not here it is...

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Iron and biotin supplements have helped.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Or. An effing doctor visit!?!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Please do not suggest iron supplements. Excess iron is very toxic and supplements should only be taken by someone who has a demonstrated deficiency.

Easy bruising is a sign of various deficiencies or blood disorders - could be diet or could be something else. Take a diet break and see your doctor.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Please do not suggest iron supplements. Excess iron is very toxic and supplements should only be taken by someone who has a demonstrated deficiency.

Easy bruising is a sign of various deficiencies or blood disorders - could be diet or could be something else. Take a diet break and see your doctor.

This.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

This.

I simple stated what worked for me. Did I say not to seek professional help?
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options

lol....yup...this!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

This.

I simple stated what worked for me. Did I say not to seek professional help?

No. Actually, you didn't. You didn't mention anything about a doctor at all but gave out your solution for your problem that may or may not have anything to do with the OPs condition. That's a bit irresponsible.

OP - Go see a doctor ASAP and don't take any medical advice off of this board.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Please go see a DR... This is not normal.