3/4 progress. need help with sides. (pics)

Options

Replies

• loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    d062059d-70ea-43e8-b7da-05a13f195d7d_zps5e446a3a.png

24e15449-df0b-4446-bc7e-b35f80df5341_zps6f3129d2.png

any help would and motivation to help me keep on would be AMAZING!!

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Edited because someone beat me to it

OP - great progress!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    d062059d-70ea-43e8-b7da-05a13f195d7d_zps5e446a3a.png

24e15449-df0b-4446-bc7e-b35f80df5341_zps6f3129d2.png

any help would and motivation to help me keep on would be AMAZING!!

• djreado
    djreado Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks i didnt know how to get the pictures actually showing!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    That is some good progress! Don't get discouraged, keep it up :wink:

So, as for advice (because I understand from your topic/post that you are looking for a bit) :

Frist, work on your posture. I know you were trying to get the picture, and that may affect it, but get in the habit of standing up straight, shoulders back, core engaged. That will actually help with how you look! (As well as reduce back and shoulder issues)

Second, how have you lost the weight so far? It's time to add in exercise, if you haven't already done so. In fact, It's time to add in lifting, if you aren't. Keep eating at a mild deficit (you can drop it down to 1 pound per week or even 1/2 pound) and lift HEAVY. Look into Strong Lifts or New Rules of Lifting if you don't know where to start. And don't worry, if you don't want to look bulky or like a body builder, eating at a deficit you aren't going to. You're going to maintain and strengthen the muscles you have (which will help with the first point above), and burn fat, helping you look trim and toned.

Best of luck! You've done GREAT, so don't give up now.
  • djreado
    Options
    awesome thanks! need to get looking at local gym then.

also what do you mean by "eating a deficit"?
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Great work! :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    awesome thanks! need to get looking at local gym then.

also what do you mean by "eating a deficit"?

That means eating less calories than your body is using (not just exercise, but daily activity, brain, heart and lungs, etc … basically living). If you have been following MFP suggestion, you've been eating at a deficit. Go into settings/goal and change in, now, to lose 1 pound or 1/2 pound per week. Or go to http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/ and enter in your stats. Tell it lose fat (10% calorie reduction) and eat those calories (if you do MFP, eat back exercise calories, if scooby's TDEE, don't eat them back as they're accounted for).
  • djreado
    Options
    thanks. Any tips for losing my sides or "love handles" as they are better known.

i.e specific muscular exercises for those particular parts of me
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    abs - this dvd helps me esp with the lower abs - it's only 8 mins a session & it's HARD, but it works

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Abs-Meghan-White/dp/B000B5XPFG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1390501219&sr=8-5&keywords=meghan+white
  • Lleldiranne
    Options
    thanks. Any tips for losing my sides or "love handles" as they are better known.

Just getting body fat % down. Sadly, you can't spot reduce. But exercise and lifting will help you do it (the body fat % part)

However, I'm sure you want to build core strength as well. Compound lifts, especially the "Big 3" of squat, deadlift, and bench press, will work those areas (again, refer to Starting Strength). Plank is also a great way to build strength and tighten the core. It's basically the top to the pushup position, except on your forearms instead of hands (you can do it either way, but forearms targets the abs/core more). Hold it for as long as you can, rest for 30 seconds, and repeat.
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options

Rather than trying to focus on one particular muscle, do moves that engage your entire core area - deadlifts, squats are great for this, also planks. In addition, good posture will help, which also means strengthening your back - lat pulldowns, hyperextensions...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!