re-tooling

Options
Nice to meet you all. I was looking for some logging tools and very happy to find MFP. I am re-tooling how I eat and exercise after a fifteen month hiatus that started with getting t-boned on my motorcycle and ended with sepsis and open heart surgery. I have to say that the combination of illness, injury and surgery didn't do much for my workout routine or diet for most of that time.

That said, I am feeling pretty damn lucky. I am two months post-surgery and rebuilding. I did not expect to be able to say that back in November. I am making steady, incremental improvement. My program is definitely not the thirty-pounds-in-thirty-days sort; I do this for the long haul.

MFP looks like an awesome community and I am already getting a lot out of it. With steady work, the tools here, and help from my friends (some of whom I hope to meet here!) I am already starting to knock down my fitness goals.

While not a exercise or food noob, I am always open to tips, ideas, suggestions, help, and encouragement. And, of course, I am happy to offer it, too. Send me a note if you want to connect.

Cheers,
Bill

Replies

• kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of story that makes me love community forums.
    Super inspired.
    Consider this encouragement, tho it hardly seems you need it :)
  • Matt_C_195
    Matt_C_195 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on what sounds like a very successful road to recovery. Having gone through what sounds like a very challenging last year can sometimes discourage a person. Would wish you luck but sounds like you have the determination to carry you through!