Hi there. Starting over...

Options
EV76
EV76 Posts: 7 Member
Have had fitness pal for a while but now ready to get serious. Never been part of the community for motivation. Can't wait to get started. =}

Replies

• Hi, my name is Julie and I'm starting over also. About ten years ago I lost 100 pounds by starving myself. Needless to say over time I gained about half that back. I joined MFP last year and have struggled with losing and gaining the same ten pounds. I'm 5'1 and should weigh between 97 and 135 pounds instead of what I actually weigh 194. This time I'm trying to eat right and I have joined a fitness center where I take Zumba classes. One hour of Zumba burns around 730 calories and on average I exercise four days out of the week, Maybe I'll get it right this year. Good luck!!
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am hoping to lose 60 pounds after many years of yo yo dieting. My doctor recommend MFP late last year and it is a great tool of support :smile:
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You both are here which is a good start. Plan and be prepared. Check out this website...many articles that make sense.

http://www.coachcalorie.com/
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey I started over almost 3 weeks ago! You can add me if you want! My goal for now is 50 lbs
  • DWW529
    DWW529 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We're on a similar journey. Feel free to add me.
  • SelliMariex
    Options
    I'm also starting over. Had lost the weight two years ago, had to start over now since I gained it all.
  • theimpossibles
    theimpossibles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hey man... i'm starting over again as well. my goal last time was 60 and i lost 40 of that. now 2 years later and with more to lose my big goal is 80. i'm on my way. feel free to add me.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Options
    Me too...if you add "and over and over and over"...

I had a 50 lb weight loss a few years back using a different site and very MILD exercising. Quit smoking and gained about 10 back but improved health wise. Started smoking and gained it ALL back (stopped working out all together).

I'm back, trying to quit smoking right now and counting calories all over again. I did about 10 minutes of home exercise yesterday and couldn't breath for half an hour...its a long trek but I'm ready to get a move on.
  • Catiejoy27
    Catiejoy27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Also doing zumba! LOVE HOW MANY CALORIES IT BURNS, have fun!
  • cmanningjr
    cmanningjr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds..maybe more as I go.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh boy....lots of us starting over! :) I started MFP a couple years ago and it worked great! Last year I was super close to my goal, and I can't even begin to say what happened. I gained some of it back, and now I'm struggling to get back into that healthy lifestyle I had. So here I am...starting over...again! LOL I would love to have some more motivation and support, so anyone feel free to add me!
  • booboofachi
    booboofachi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello here! I lost track and I am back on the bandwagon to lose it for good.. I am tried of being sick and tired all the time lol.. you can do this :) there is a lot of support on here... feel free to add me ...
  • EV76
    EV76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ????
  • dmschm2
    dmschm2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It is encouraging to see so many with the starting over theme, same here! We are not alone! I lost 120 starting when I was about 28, after marriage and 2 babies, it was all back on. I then lost 90 lbs before baby 3...I had my lowest weight, healthiest pregnancy. I only gained 25 while PG, but another 50 in the 2 years since she was born, so here I am again, 10 years later,
    starting just 15 lbs under my high, and have lost 8 lbs so far this year.
  • smboaty
    Options
    Add me to the Starting Over list :) Lost about 50 Lbs back in 2006-2007 and gained maybe 10 of those back since then, but I am REALLY wanting to knock off the other 50 lbs to make 100 lbs lost :)

Ive gotten married since I originally lost the weight and have become very complacent but realize that I'm not getting any younger and the older I get, the harder it will be to get the weight off :)
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have had fitness pal for a while but now ready to get serious. Never been part of the community for motivation. Can't wait to get started. =}

I am also starting over! you will find a lot of support, ideas and motivation here. I am here for you too! Gotta look good for that Hawaii trip in May!! Hot momma comming their way! LOL!!!:blushing: