Can't lift more then 25lbs doing curls

Options
So I've been doing Body Beast and P90x to gain mass I'm not doing any type of cardio.

When I do my bulk chest workout from body beast which is doing it on a bench I can lift 30lbs on flys and chest press

But when I do a workout like bulk arms, Back&Biceps, shoulders&arms or Chest shoulders and triceps.

I can't lift more then 25lbs on curls what should I do about this?

It like every time I try to lift 30lbs together or separate my arm does not want to do it.

Any help? Thanks

I've still gotten amazing results doing this and gone from 93lbs to 110lbs so far.

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    If you're curling 25 and only doing 30 on chest, I would be more worried about your chest.
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by that?

I'm doing on chest.

Incline 15, 20, 30,

Incline flys 10, 20, 30,

I also do decline with lighter weights I do chest three times a week.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you're curling 25 and only doing 30 on chest, I would be more worried about your chest.

^^ this.

I bench 90lbs and can only curl 25lbs. If you curl 25lbs you should press much more than 30lbs? I say this but mind you I don't know your fitness level or condition. Do you have any injuries?
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I think he means you should be able to do WAY more with your chest then 30#.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    personally I'd do a hypertrophy routine that focuses on compound lifts...I've seen any number of beginner body building routines that are pretty much like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 but done in the 8-10 rep range to maximize growth over strength.

I'm also with others...I wouldn't worry so much about the curls...the best way to bulk is to bulk the big muscles and you do that with compounds, not isolation.

You may want to start with a strength routine though and build up a good foundation of raw strength before going into a body building routine...just my $.02
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Male moving up from 93-110 pounds. Good work so far. Might look into compound lifts for better mass building. Also, bodybeast and p90x can be really similar to cardio.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think he means you should be able to do WAY more with your chest then 30#.

Yeah- I can curl in that range- with the BB it's pushing 60-70 and chest press is well over that.. and I'm a wittle girl.

get your weight up son- chest is lacking- uses a lot more body- so it should be a lot bigger lfit.