Movie snacks.

Options
Now that I have started my diet. I am trying to eat the right foods. My wife and I are going to the movies this weekend. What is a good healthy snack food I could sneak in the movie theater?

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've heard quite a few people say that they sneak in trail mix or popcorn the popped at home in an air popper (no butter)
  • Smallbluepebble
    Smallbluepebble Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I like carrot batons as a snack... Crunchy & low calorie - you can't go wrong in my book :laugh:

Enjoy the film!
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have snuck in almonds in a snack bag, or maybe pop your own popcorn? I love movie theater junk food!
  • mwitt07
    mwitt07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have always said that movie theaters need to offer healthy choices for their customers. Of course they would cost a fortune. You could air pop some popcorn and sneak in your bag or some 100 calorie snacks are a good option. I usually go to the movies after I have eaten at a restaurant and then I usually just purchase a diet drink for the movie.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I prefer to not make to many big changes to my overall lifestyle and one of those things is when we go to the movies (which might be once are twice a month), I tend to lighten my intake for breakfast, (we normally go to the matinee) and my lunch with be a coke zero and some movie popcorn and then do a sensible supper later.... I just can't see going to the movies and not enjoying some movie popcorn....... Best of Luck
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Your own air-popped popcorn, maybe? Or something you already snack on? Apples, carrot sticks, or something that gives you a crunch without disturbing your macros.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Anything healthy that can hold a couple hrs, and you already have some good responses but that can fit in the wife's purse.
  • it_goes_on
    Options
    Or you could, ya know, not eat for two hours.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I take a Tootsie Roll pop - takes awhile to eat, feels like a treat and is 60 calories
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I actually just stopped snacking at the theater. I thought I would "have" to, but if I eat first and get a beverage, I really don't miss it.
  • usmcjunglist
    Options
    Thanks for all the reply's. I think I will take some carrots with blue cheese and almonds along with cashews.
  • usmcjunglist
    Options
    It's hard to watch a movie and not snack.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have brought a few bizarre things into movie theaters. Its brainless eating so I like for their to be some value nutritionally.

dark chocolate almonds
    bag of edamame or those terrifyingly addictive snap pea crisps
    Kashi golean chocolate and pretzel bar or Fiber One chocolate chip brownie bar
    Cheerios (the most soothing throwback to childhood food ever)

And of course you could just pop your own popcorn and bring it, that way you can control the salt and butter issue
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Just this weekend we went and I had a bag of 2 carrots, 2 celery. We took some sweets too but barely touched them :)