5'1" with 40lbs to lose! Looking for friends along the way!

Options
Hi everyone!

Over the past three years, and two pregnancies, I've let my weight go unchecked and now its time to put everything back in order! I'm hoping to lose in total 40 lbs, hopefully will be halfway there by my birthday! I would love some friends on here to help encourage me along the way - my husband is currently the only person I have as support. We just moved to a city, and my close friends live anywhere from 1 hr, to 1 state away, lol, so it would be nice to meet new people who are going through the same thing!

My biggest obstacle...CHOCOLATE...lol, I have a horrible sweet tooth, and finding that to be my biggest challenge to eating right. I'm currently replacing chocolates with hard candies(lemon drops) that are less in calories and take longer to eat. I would love to hear other methods that have worked with losing weight, without completely cutting out the sweets (I've tried, it backfired, lol)

Replies

• Liss_Bee
    Liss_Bee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" too, I had roughly 76 pounds to lose, lost 47 so far without MFP and now with it. Take it one day at a time, and don't restrict yourself. If you love chocolate try dark chocolate or just allow yourself a small amount as a treat a day. Best of luck! You can do this. =]
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    *** stands up **

Hi my name is dani and Im a chocohalic **looks away in shame**

So Peephy this is how I try to handle it. I also take the method of NOT completely omitting from my diet. Ive have seriously backfiring of my own. So I find easy ways to to eat lower calories items. I don't do well with bags of kisses where I tell myself " oh I will just have 3 a day" Nope doesn't work for me.

Here are some of my favorites. Chocolate Cheerios with milk, Adding Chocolate Almond milk to my smoothies, Adding chocolate PB2 (google it) to my smoothies, Sheila G's Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle ( google them), nutella or chocolate jif on 1 whole wheat waffle with slices banana, those teeny tiny servings of ice cream of frozen yogurt, 1 pack of hot chocolate, fruit with chocolate redi whip.

the key is to track and be honest with your servings. Also be aware of you chocolate cravings. When do you usually get them. Im a night person so try to save my treats for after dinner.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me :-)
  • skamnorth
    Options
    I try to quell my chocolate thirst by allowing me a protein bar with chocolate coating "now and again" ;) Also, melted dark chocolate and drizzle it over fruit works wonders. Added you :)

And others feel free to add me too :)
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm 5"3 with 54 pounds to lose before august! Hopefully i'll have this amazing summer job I applied for to work at least 20 pounds off. Looking to lose 30 before May, add me!!!
  • surferlz
    Options
    Hi there! I feel like we have a lot in common. I’m 5’1” and from my starting point last year was hoping to lose 30 lbs. I am down about 9 now, was down 15 as of last May, but then really fell off the wagon… I have been discouraged with how long it is taking, but I think I just have to stop using that as an excuse. We also moved to a new city recently (ok, it was actually a couple years ago, but it still feels recent to me) and I am hoping to find some support in the online community here.

As far as sweets go, I’m not sure I can help. My kryptonite is salty/greasy foods, like fries. However, I have had times in my life when I cut out all sweets entirely, and I found that even after just a couple of weeks, when I tried sweets again, it did not taste good. Once you’ve been away from it awhile, you get used to the natural sweetness of fruits and stuff, and you find that candy is just way too sweet for your taste buds to handle. Have you tried dried fruit? Maybe apricots? You have to watch out, because the water has been removed, making them more calorie-dense. But if you just have a couple, that might satisfy the sweettooth.
    Good luck!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    A little bit of chocolate will not kill you if you allow for it in you calorie goals...but that will be the trick...keeping at a little bit. Best of luck to you.

Feel free to add..you or anyone
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    MMMMmmmmm chocolate.
  • Mirimuffin
    Mirimuffin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also a huge chocolate addict but have been candy free for two weeks (but would allow myself a bit when I reaaaally want some :D )