Drinking alcohol while dieting?

Options
Going out with an old friend tonight but it's going to involve some drinking, any tips on what I should order at the bar without embarrassing myself?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Vodka & water.
  • Oil_Spill
    Options
    does that taste good?
  • tay0709
    tay0709 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a diet mixer? Maybe have a water or diet coke in between drinks? I'm not a big drinker so I usually have one or two of whatever then finish the night with diet coke galore. Hope you find something suitable :) I love vodka with diet lemonade and a dash of lime! Yum. X
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke or gin and diet tonic :)
  • Oil_Spill
    Options
    thank you for the advice. I'll probably get it with a diet drink. The diet lemonade and a dash of lime sounds really good! I love lemon!
  • sparr41
    Options
    Vodka water with a lime is quite tasty.
  • kruggsy
    kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Definitely vodka, lime juice and soda. It makes a very refreshing long drink . Have fun!
  • momma2kas
    momma2kas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Malibu and diet coke!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Going out with an old friend tonight but it's going to involve some drinking, any tips on what I should order at the bar without embarrassing myself?

I love vodka with club soda (0 calories). The carbonation to me is better than mixing it with regular water. Then ask the bartender to garnish it with a lime or lemon, and squeeze the juice into the drink. I love it! It is probably the lowest calorie drink you can order. Plus after a night out of having 4 or more of these suckers, I feel a LOT less guilty as I would if I had traditional cocktails or beer.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Malibu and diet coke! Yummy
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Always vodka with soda or plain water and a splash of lemon. It is refreshing, don't feel guilty about it and no hangover the next day allowing me no excuses for not doing my morning workout!
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    White wine and soda....... just have the one wine and keep topping up with soda.
  • amarkle86
    amarkle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone with the vodka with water. What I do though is mix in some Mio or other liquid flavoring. Right now I have the liquid Crystal Light mango, put that in with your vodka and water and it tastes just like a mixed drink but with no added calories or sugar! So then you're just having the calories from the vodka. I don't know if all places would allow you to bring Mio into the bar and squeeze it in lol, but I don't see why not!
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda is horrible for you....

Sake

Or Vodka with lemon juice

:)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    top shelf booze and soda .

i personally like flavored stoli and soda
    hendricks gin and tonic
    or jameson and diet ginger ale
  • bhorsoft
    Options
    Bourbon or Single Malt Scotch on the rocks.

I will have a couple of those on the weekend or an occasional small glass of red wine - higher calories, but balanced by the anti-oxidant benefits of the wine.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    You could also get a wine spritzer (wine & club soda).

Rum & Coke; bourbon & 7-up.
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    I personally tend to hit the red wine due to the antioxidants it supposedly contains, and it's fairly low calorie too.
    I also make sure I take into account the calorie content of the drink I'm anticipating having before I get that far, so I make an allowance for it in my daily intake.
    Plus, if I'm planning on getting drunk I make sure I do so enough that I don't care about making a fool of myself dancing around like a lunatic to burn off the inevitable calories over I often go!
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wine (red or white) or yeah, vodka sodas. I usually stick with wine, though.

Have fun!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what is your drink of choice?

drink that. just maybe a little less than normal.