Why???

Options
"I want friends who need to lose 50 pounds!!"

"Calling all who need to lose over 100 pounds...."

"Add me if you need to lose 40 or more pounds"

This makes no sense. Wouldn't you want friends who have ALREADY lost the weight or never gained it to begin with?? Sure, I get that it's easier to relate to people in your situation. But wouldn't you rather get support and advice from people who know what it takes to succeed rather than people who are standing next to you in the starting blocks?

Just curious.

EDIT: Not saying NOT to have people who are also in the starting blocks; just saying don't limit yourself to ONLY those people.

Replies

• LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MFP is no place for logic. Stop it. You're making my skin burn. :angry:
  • flet2
    flet2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Misery loves company?
  • mizvandyk_82
    Options
    Oh you grumpy bear!!! Do you need a hug :flowerforyou:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

From you? Always. :bigsmile:
  • joliezolie
    Options
    I think it's about the weight loss comradery and a little healthy competition.

I am looking for it, but I don't care or get why having the same amount is pertinent? I have 40 and you have 100, and she has 10 ... Who cares, let's go!
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bc those of us that have come some ways intimidate them. or maybe they're scared of bears
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Some people want people that they can relate to and our in the same position as them so they can support each other through the process. If thats' not what works for you why worry about it? It's what works for individuals, personally I like a varied group of people on my friends list as I find it more interesting and also different points of view can make you think a lot more.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    because derps like to derp together in groups of derp \m/
    f51c62b7078a81a04852a2ab3fded362054df5a6_full.jpg
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    bc those of us that have come some ways intimidate them. or maybe they're scared of bears

<--- not a scary bear
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bro ... Why didnt Frodo ask someone who has already been to Mordor to go with him?

Its no fun when you are going someplace with someone thats already been there!!! Duhhhhh. Thats why he and Sam made "The Journey" together.
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My question is why would you want friends who have NEVER gained weight in the first place? Yes, they may be fit and healthy, and you can learn from their lifestyle...but they can't give you any advice on losing weight. If you haven't gone through it, you don't know what it's like. I used to be skinny and I thought that 1) being over weight is not that big of a deal and 2) losing weight can't be that hard. Now I know that's a bunch of BS. I agree....why search for only those in your same position....and I also very much agree that I would love to find friends who have already gone through it and achieved their goals. Those are the people that can REALLY help. :) As for me...I'm open to being friends with anyone who wants to live a healthy life, and who's willing to give it to me straight :).....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Bro ... Why didnt Frodo ask someone who has already been to Mordor to go with him?

Its no fun when you are going someplace with someone thats already been there!!! Duhhhhh. Thats why he and Sam made "The Journey" together.

lol this!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Birds of a feather.......................
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Wow, does it really bother you so much that some people aren't asking to add you as a friend on MFP? Never thought I'd see this post.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    because derps like to derp together in groups of derp \m/
    f51c62b7078a81a04852a2ab3fded362054df5a6_full.jpg

Derps of a feather flock together

jimmy_zps270fa0d6.jpg
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Or perhaps they are looking at it as friendly competition, kind of like a biggest loser contest. You support the friend on on the one hand but you want to beat him/her on the other.
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options

From you? Always. :bigsmile:

I'll take a free hug!!!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Day-um!
    Who the hell ARE you??? Bravo.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    DUH! So you have someone to bum Cheetos off of....
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Why not? And since there's really nothing I can add to the conversation that wouldn't be redundant...

Favim.com-586035.gif