Would you rather run in 80°F or 30°F?

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Marvel
    Mrs_Marvel Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    80. I like to sweat when I workout anyway.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I've only been running since September and I am DYING to go but it's been -10 here in NY for awhile. At this point, I'd WAY rather go at 30... i HATE humidity and at least when you're running, you warm up! I went last week and it was 23...I thought it was chilly but great!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Definitely 30! I can heat up, but I can't cool down. (There's a song in there somewhere....)
    Abracadabra
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I haven't read them all, but I'll be one to say 80 when it's 30 and 30 when it's 80 :noway: Right now it's like 8...so 80 all the way!!!
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    80 absolutely!! I hate, hate, hate the cold! I don't even want to step outside when it's 30. I'd much rather sweat than freeze!
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    80 hands down. 30 dries my mouth out and I can't breathe or catch my breath.

^^THIS^^
  • surferlz
    Options
    I vote 80 degrees too! I hate how the cold air hurts my lungs!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    30 for sure! 25-50 is perfect for me.

That said major kudos to the 5 people I saw running outside on my way to work this morning..... at -22!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    30. In 30, I'll start off cold but I'll warm up. I can also shed layers if necessary. In 80 I get way too hot.
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    80 degrees by far is preferable for me. Unless it's high humidity then I'll take 30 degrees.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    30. I'd take 10 (with no crazy wind chill) over 80. Once it gets over 70 & add humidity, it's not fun for me.

The only thing that makes warmer weather tolerable is the scenery.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    80 for sure... its so hard to breathe in the cold and I feel like a snowman with all my layers on. I'd rather be able to run in a tank top and pour water on my head to cool off if need be.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I've run in 80 degree weather here in Madison, WI and in san francisco. It was a lot more tolerable in san francisco, not sure why. Perhaps because of the cloud coverage? Or the fact that I could see the bay and it uplifted my spirits. I have run when it's 30 out here and prefer that over 80 here assuming typical humidity and sunniness.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Definitely 80. 30 is toooo cold for me.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I run in all kinds of weather... currently -40 here and will be going out for a 4 miler after work.

I prefer cooler weather myself... you can add layers for the cold, but can only take off so much for the hot stuff (without getting arrested).

I find anything higher than 80 a little uncomforable to run in and it forces me to slow my pace.

But thats just me... I am part polar bear.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    30 for sure. And for those that say they want to sweat? I would rather sweat from actual work...and trust me...when I run in 30 I sweat!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    30! No question.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Depends. Is it a "dry heat"?
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    30 in the sun with no wind and 80 in the shade with a nice breeze. Not too picky am I? I guess 80 if I can't control the other factors. :smile:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    30. I'd take 10 (with no crazy wind chill) over 80. Once it gets over 70 & add humidity, it's not fun for me.

The only thing that makes warmer weather tolerable is the scenery.

Indeed. I look forward to landscaper season...