problems with calories

Options
Im suppose to eat 1200 calories a day and I'm having a hard time doing so for the past 3 days I can only eat between 800 and 1000 any suggestions??

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Olive oil
    nuts
    seeds
    chocolate
    cheeseburger

edited to add ok the cheeseburger probably has more than you need but seriously there are so many calorie dense options out there

edited again to add ice-cream everyone should have ice-cream
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself to eat calorie dense foods? Things like avocado, cheese/dairy products, seeds, nuts, nut butters, and olive oil can add calories without adding a lot of volume. Avoid choosing "light" or "diet" versions of foods and just eat the regular stuff.

Edited to add that there's also no reason you shouldn't eat the foods you ate before. I haven't eliminated anything from my diet and enjoy my usual foods. I just make them fit my calorie goal and eat more reasonable portions. :smile:
  • susalia1
    Options
    I eat my normal stuff that I like to eat but I just can't finish it sometimes I eat healthy and sometimes I don't but i stay in my calorie goal but for the past 3 days I can't finish nothing no matter what it is to be honest it's kind of been hard to make it to the 800 to 1000
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I eat my normal stuff that I like to eat but I just can't finish it sometimes I eat healthy and sometimes I don't but i stay in my calorie goal but for the past 3 days I can't finish nothing no matter what it is to be honest it's kind of been hard to make it to the 800 to 1000

Forgive me for asking, but if you're eating the stuff you like to eat and can't eat more than 800-1000 calories how are you in a position where you have to lose weight?

Clearly you are eating differently than you were before. What have you cut out from your diet?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    big ole juicy cheeseburger will cure that problem real quick \m/
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Forgive me for asking, but if you're eating the stuff you like to eat and can't eat more than 800-1000 calories how are you in a position where you have to lose weight?

Clearly you are eating differently than you were before. What have you cut out from your diet?

came in thinking you were having a hard time not going OVER 1200, but you have the opposite issue?
    also curious as to how youre finding difficulty in this.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Snack on nuts during the day and fruits too.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You can only et 800 a day? Are you sure? Because, cals ADD up REALLY quick. Example, 2 slices of wheat toast, peanut butter, a glass a milk and bam 600calories EASY!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

You can only et 800 a day? Are you sure? Because, cals ADD up REALLY quick. Example, 2 slices of wheat toast, peanut butter, a glass a milk and bam 600calories EASY!

Both of these. What on earth are you eating to feel fully satisfied at 800-1000 calories a day?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

To be honest, you didn't gain weight eating 800-1000 calories a day. Here in a few days you will crash and you'll go back to eating like normal. Once day you'll figure out how to balance it.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    800 cals...That's sounds really low.
    Maybe you're not estimating the calories you're eating, correctly.
    Are you weighing your food?
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options

Both of these. What on earth are you eating to feel fully satisfied at 800-1000 calories a day?

Seconded, I want some of that!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Did you have any kind of gastric bypass or weight loss surgery recently?
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Before we can help you should open your food diary

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Under DIARY SHARING click PUBLIC

Then we could probably help you more by seeing what you're eating.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

edited again to add ice-cream everyone should have ice-cream

Yup, I eat ice cream just about everyday!
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are afraid to eat. Don't be. Go ahead and eat foods that have lots of cslories and not much bulk.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You need to open your diary.
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cashews, pistachios, beans. Any kind
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I eat 800 calories for breakfast sometimes.