Wow that fall from the wagon hurt!

Options
I was fairly active here almost two years ago. I had managed to lose about 25 pounds and was doing well until I made the mistake of pushing myself to hard at a boot camp class and having a scary episode of heat stroke. I don't know why it scared me as much as it did but I pretty much quit after that. Now I am back and so are the 25 pounds I had managed to lose. I'm starting out with logging my food for awhile before I kick in the exercise on a regular basis. I am trying to find a gym and trainer that I feel comfortable with.

I am married, work full time and have two kids. My husband is in pharmacy school via Creighton's Distance Pathways program. My kids are 13 and 7. My oldest has become super active and has lost about 25 pounds himself and looks AMAZING. I have food issues obviously but I also have texture issues so sometimes eating is a big issue with me. So far I am three days in on logging and have done very well. I have found pre-logging is the key for me.

The reason I want to lose weight is to be around to enjoy my children and future grand children. I am at 309 pounds and I know that I won't have any quality of life if I keep going on this path. I am on three blood pressure meds every day. I know I can do this. My ultimate goal isn't really a certain weight but to participate in the Disney Marathon weekend and be able to do the 5k, 10k, half marathon and full marathon. I know this is a very lofty goal but it can be accomplished.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Ouch!!! Sorry the fall hurt so much ;)

Great reasons to get back on and hold on tight to the wagon!

There are therapies to help with food texture issues. yup - really. My son is doing that now. Message me if you'd like to know more.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like.

Glad you're back!
  • just35lbstogo
    just35lbstogo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! It's okay if you fall as long as you get back up! :) I've done the same thing. I'm getting back up now. I feel like I've been down for long enough. It really sucks to feel like you're starting over again... but we all know how much MORE it sucks to be in that bad place and the only way to get out of it is to put in more work. Find things you enjoy doing. I loved TurboFire but last month I joined a Crossfit Gym with a good trainer. He keeps me on my toes by texting or emailing if I miss class. :) That definitely helps me.
  • PamelaLavender
    PamelaLavender Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! You have some great motivations and yes all those goals can be accomplished.

Wishing you much success on your journey to getting healthy.

I Sent you a friend invite.