working out, eating clean and NOT losing weight....help!

Options
Have been exercising 5-6 days a week. 3-4 days of hot yoga and 2 days of cross fit. I still get quite sore after work outs so I know I am pushing my body. I wear a heart rate monitor and burn 500-600 calories with each workout. I have been eating clean foods, with Arbonne protein shakes. I have eliminated dairy and most glucose foods.

A typical day includes:
morning:
Protein shake with avocado and fruit
Snack:
Almonds
Lunch:
steamed vegetables and and chicken breast
Dinner:
Fish
Brown Rice
vegetable

I drink about 8 glasses of water a day. I could see my problem being a lack of calories, but I am having a hard time finding clean foods to eat that have a high calorie count. I know almonds do the trick, but am burnt out on the nut. What can I do to jump start my metabolism or does my body hat me!!!??? Thanks

Replies

• Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    What is your TDEE?
  • smit1769
    Options
    Forgot to mention I would like/need to lose at least 10 lbs
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating in total cals?

Do you weight all solids and measure liquids? If not you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are
  • smit1769
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eating clean or dirty doesn't mean anything if you're not in a calorie deficit. How many calories are you eating? How accurately are you logging? Are you using a food scale, measuring cups, or eyeballing portion sizes?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eating clean does not negate the need for a calorie deficit. How long have you not been losing weight? It's going to take a while to lose the last ten pounds.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Are you eating any of the exorcise calories back?
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Eating clean does not negate the need for a calorie deficit. How long have you not been losing weight? It's going to take a while to lose the last ten pounds.

^This is an important point. If you've only been at this a couple of weeks you may be holding onto some extra water from the exercise. That should disappear after a few weeks as your body gets used to the routine.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are close to goal weight. What are your stats? Height, weight, body fat? Those last few pounds are very hard to lose!
  • smit1769
    Options
    I am eating around 1200 calories. I am not weighing food, but that is a good call perhaps I should start....at least for awhile to get an accurate idea of portion size. Something is not adding up!
  • elizner
    elizner Posts: 14
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough !!! If you're burning 5-600 calories per day and eating 1200 calories/day ( the diet plan you listed doesn't look like 1500 to me ... ?! I bet you're not really consuming that many calories ).

In my opinion it's not enough ..... up it to about 1600 calories a day with reduced "bad carbs" & I bet you'll lose weight.

Good luck :-)
  • smit1769
    Options
    Have not lost weight on a year. Have been eating healthy 80% of the time.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to take a look?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Have been exercising 5-6 days a week. 3-4 days of hot yoga and 2 days of cross fit. I still get quite sore after work outs so I know I am pushing my body. I wear a heart rate monitor and burn 500-600 calories with each workout. I have been eating clean foods, with Arbonne protein shakes. I have eliminated dairy and most glucose foods.

A typical day includes:
    morning:
    Protein shake with avocado and fruit
    Snack:
    Almonds
    Lunch:
    steamed vegetables and and chicken breast
    Dinner:
    Fish
    Brown Rice
    vegetable

I drink about 8 glasses of water a day. I could see my problem being a lack of calories, but I am having a hard time finding clean foods to eat that have a high calorie count. I know almonds do the trick, but am burnt out on the nut. What can I do to jump start my metabolism or does my body hat me!!!??? Thanks
    A HRM isn't going to give you accurate calorie burn for yoga or weight lifting. The calorie burns you have are exaggerated which is why you're probably not losing weight. Figure for yoga you're burning about 325 calories per hour and for Crossfit about 450 per hour.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how clean you eat or what you cut out, or even how much you exercise, you will not lose weight unless you eat less than you burn.

What exercise are you using your HRM for? I ask because 500-600 calories week which for yoga and the cross fit. Besides, HRMs are usually good for steady state cardio only.

If you are not losing weight, you are eating too much.

Please open your diary if you want more concrete advice.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough !!! If you're burning 5-600 calories per day and eating 1200 calories/day ( the diet plan you listed doesn't look like 1500 to me ... ?! I bet you're not really consuming that many calories ).

In my opinion it's not enough ..... up it to about 1600 calories a day with reduced "bad carbs" & I bet you'll lose weight.

Good luck :-)

Not eating enough is NOT the cause of weight gain.

There are no good and bad carbs, there are only carbs.
  • smit1769
    Options
    So if I need to bump up my TDEE, how is a person suppose to reach that many calories while eating clean food?
  • smit1769
    Options
    Will share diary, how do I do that?
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Will share diary, how do I do that?

At the top of the page click on Setting > Diary Settings > Public
  • mtnspirit
    mtnspirit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have found that not eating enough (minimum calorie to lose) results in a plateau for me. Once I add in a few more calories, I start to lose again. You want to be sure you are accurately measuring your calorie/food intake as well as accurately recording your activity. Good luck!!