Randy's (Unrequested) Tip of the Day 2 - Popping Pills

Options
Hey there sexy people,

Nothing quite like being at work in a hospital in the middle of the night to free up one's time for giving out more unsolicited advice. So anyway I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here but I felt like hearing myself speak (or seeing myself type as the case may be).

We all know that there are no quick fixes and that losing weight and gaining muscle takes time. For those of you just starting out again:

Don't bash it until you've tried it:
Some folks are completely against weight loss pills and drinks and such. I say, go on give it a try. I'm not just saying this as a former (current) Herbalife salesperson but as someone who saw significant results from following a variety of different plans in the past. However, keep in mind that if you're not someone who can follow a routine very well (like me) or who gets bored of eating the same thing, then Herbalife shakes (and similar shake programs) will probably not be the thing for you to do. However, none of these programs will produce long lasting results without dedication to changes in the way you think about your body and your fitness. (And many of them will cause weight loss purely by placebo effect). You cannot eat what you want and be healthy. Your body is a dynamic machine and needs proper nutrition but I'm all for kicking off your new lifestyle with legally acquired or prescribed drugs, supplements and fad programs. A little weight loss (even from a fast, cleanse or diet pill)goes a long way to motivating you to become a healthy new you.

Don't keep doing it:
That being said, you body is a dynamic machine that needs proper nutrition and proper fuel to work. Supplements, drugs and shakes rarely provide balanced nutrition for your body, so while I advocate trying something wacky to kick your butt off the couch. Being healthy (not losing weight) is about making conscious choices about what goes into your body and it shouldn't be continued use of overly processed stimulants that increase your body temp, blood pressure and thermodynamics. Use the time you have while starting a fad diet to learn healthy behaviors and create attainable goals as benchmarks for you progress so that you can wean yourself off the pills and supplements and ease into a healthy new you.

Work Hard. Stay Fit. Live Long. Love Life.

OK that's it for now. I'll probably post some more as my night at work drags on. Happy healthing MFP.

Replies

• dlmarkley66
    Options
    Hey there sexy people,

Nothing quite like being at work in a hospital in the middle of the night to free up one's time for giving out more unsolicited advice. So anyway I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here but I felt like hearing myself speak (or seeing myself type as the case may be).

We all know that there are no quick fixes and that losing weight and gaining muscle takes time. For those of you just starting out again:

Don't bash it until you've tried it:
    Some folks are completely against weight loss pills and drinks and such. I say, go on give it a try. I'm not just saying this as a former (current) Herbalife salesperson but as someone who saw significant results from following a variety of different plans in the past. However, keep in mind that if you're not someone who can follow a routine very well (like me) or who gets bored of eating the same thing, then Herbalife shakes (and similar shake programs) will probably not be the thing for you to do. However, none of these programs will produce long lasting results without dedication to changes in the way you think about your body and your fitness. (And many of them will cause weight loss purely by placebo effect). You cannot eat what you want and be healthy. Your body is a dynamic machine and needs proper nutrition but I'm all for kicking off your new lifestyle with legally acquired or prescribed drugs, supplements and fad programs. A little weight loss (even from a fast, cleanse or diet pill)goes a long way to motivating you to become a healthy new you.

Don't keep doing it:
    That being said, you body is a dynamic machine that needs proper nutrition and proper fuel to work. Supplements, drugs and shakes rarely provide balanced nutrition for your body, so while I advocate trying something wacky to kick your butt off the couch. Being healthy (not losing weight) is about making conscious choices about what goes into your body and it shouldn't be continued use of overly processed stimulants that increase your body temp, blood pressure and thermodynamics. Use the time you have while starting a fad diet to learn healthy behaviors and create attainable goals as benchmarks for you progress so that you can wean yourself off the pills and supplements and ease into a healthy new you.

Work Hard. Stay Fit. Live Long. Love Life.

OK that's it for now. I'll probably post some more as my night at work drags on. Happy healthing MFP.

Well Said Randy....
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Nice post.
    I'm a supplement *kitten*, but I also maintain a 95% strict diet/exercise regime. It works for me.