Oatmeal ideas?

Options

Replies

• KristinD1977
    Options
    I add 1/2 c of boiling water to 1/2 c rolled oats and 1 tbs of Maple Syrup, then microwave it for 40-60 sec. so the oats are al dente.

Then I add blueberries and a heaping tablespoon of vanilla greek yogurt..... so, so good! Some days I will use red raspberries instead and I'm in love with that too. I can't keep a constant supply of fresh berries in the house so another great substitute is dried cherries, they add a sweet/tart/chewyness.
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I blend 3/4 of a cup of oats and 1 scoop of whey protein and 3g of ground cinnamon then place the powder in a bowl and add 3oz of water to make a thick batter then cook it like a pancake.

It's a little bit tougher then real pancake but taste good and very filling.

I'm going to have to try that!!! Sounds good!
  • Mrscheyfleming
    Mrscheyfleming Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bananas are good, I also like apples in oatmeal with some cinnamon, and sometimes I will add a little bit of semi sweet chocolate chips in my oatmeal.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do a little vanilla extract while I'm cooking it. (Cook with half water half almond milk).
    Then I add a tiny bit of brown sugar and semi sweet chocolate chips once it's cooked and in the bowl (still hot/warm).
    Tastes just like Cookie Dough and under 300 cals!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    search steel cut oats and slow cooker on here; great recipe.....
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    crunchy peanut butter and sliced banana
    apple sauce
    crunchy peanut butter and chocolate chips (not a lot - just a little is enough)
  • riginthering
    Options
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 tbsp maple syrup
    1/2 stalk rhubarb, siced
    1/2 cup peaches, diced
    1 splash vanilla extract
    1/4 cup oats

Mix everything in small pot, and bring to boil, stirring constantly. I also sometimes throw in some flax seeds.
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I share your love of oatmeal and have it every day for breakfast! I add PB2, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond milk and a tad of vanilla extract. YUM! On the weekends, sometimes i'll treat myself to carrot cake oatmeal. I add 5-6 ground baby carrots, cinnamon galore, almond milk, vanilla extract, raisins, walnuts and sometimes a bit of crushed pineapple. Holy moly is that good.

Pineapple! That's what mine needed. Thank you.

For a sweet tooth day, I'll do a neapolitan with a little vanilla in almond milk, chocolate protein powder mixed with enough water to make it a thin paste, and strawberries nuked until they're mush. Then swirl. Or sugar free horchata mix with extra cinnamon and whatever fruit I have on hand. Can't wait to see what everyone else does!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I must be weird...

I eat my oatmeal with butter and brown sugar...that's it...nom nom
  • CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Golden syrup is always a winner, but then that's an English thing, not sure on the availability outside the UK.

You can mix half molasses half karo syrup, or you can find the real deal at Cost Plus with the rest of the import food.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I add

PB and Jam = PB&J oatmeal
    Frozen blueberries
    Maple syrup and cinnamon
    Banana and PB
    Honey

YUM-O!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    My favorite is steel cut oats with Greek yogurt and protein powder!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Any of the following or a combo of several:

raisins, craisins, walnuts, pecans, banana, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, blueberries, diced apple

Also I sub about 1/4 of the water for unsweetened almond milk which gives it a bit more of a creamy texture
  • vellablu
    vellablu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something not on the sweet site and you like spicy food- I mix 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 hard boiled egg and 2 hard boiled egg whites and I mix my favorite hot sauce, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, red pepperflakes to taste!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    http://thesproutingseed.com/apple-pie-baked-oatmeal/

There's a link to a pumpkin pie one, too. YUM!!!

It also freezes really well.
  • brimonster111
    Options
    My favorite is taking frozen berries and nuking them til they are bubbly, and then dumping that over my cooked oats. Its like berry cobbler. DELISH!

I do almost the same thing. I add frozen berries, a bit of brown sugar and cream (or vanilla almond milk), and flax seed. I am going to start adding chia too.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    mccanns steelcut cooked with half water and half soy milk (Jamba Juice style)... add brown sugar and pecans and banana.... so good.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar
    Peanut butter and jam
    Walnuts and chocolate chips
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    bu,p