need help losing the momma pooch!

Options
Hi lovelys, just wanted to see if anyone had any good workouts that work on the baby pooch? I exercise regularly and have tweaked my diet and its just looking the same (if not worse because I've lost weight on my legs and arms ect). Anyone got any good tips, or how did you lose yours? Sick of having a overhang :( haha <3

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    My son is almost 1, and the only thing that seems to be helping is overall weight reduction and time. Unfortunately, most of it is skin, fluid, and fat so there's not much else you can do, and you can't spot reduce with exercise or diet.

Be patient and give your body time to heal.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, so if it is excess fat, there is no exercise that will specifically lose fat from that area. The reason that you're losing weight from arms and legs is that the body will burn fat from wherever it wants, and the midsection is usually the last area.

For best results

Modest Caloric Deficit + Work (cardio and compound weight/strength training) + Patience = Your results.

You can get there with 1 and 3, but would probably more pleased if you incorporate all 3 factors of the equation.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you, but my husband was actually a little sad to hear I'm working to lose weight again because that spot only looks worse when it's not filled with flab, lol. Not that he doesn't support me! But mine is COVERED in stretch marks, so when I lose the weight it tends to look a little... sulky.

The only reason I say this is to remind you that not all of us ever get back to our pre-pregnancy bodies - and that's ok! But it's good to stay realistic. :)
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    I would do a google search for lower ab exercises and try those! Maybe you can't spot reduce but you can work the hell out of that area. :)
  • hconnollyx
    Options
    Thanks everyone all really good advice, I know I'm not going to look how I did before but cant blame a girl for trying! (: I'll try lower ab exercises and hope for the best haha xxx
  • jennday1
    jennday1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the same thing. I have started Jillian Michaels 6 week six pack video and am doing it about three times a week combined with running and Zumba. I can already tell a difference in the tone after a month, BUT I am struggling with my diet so there is still a layer of fat over the muscles and the overhang so you can't really see it. I can tighten them and hold a plank now like crazy which I couldn't do before though. IF I can just whip this diet issue and get the last 10-15 lbs off I think it will make a huge difference. Best bets are to monitor your calories, cardio to burn the fat off, and some sort of abdominal toning. Remember though, our bodies went through a pregnancy (or two) and they are not like they used to be. Jillian has never had kids so when you see her rocking abs remember that :bigsmile: