What calories should I have to lose 76lbs

Options
Hi
I am confusing myself again with tdee and Bmr

I put in my details into iifym which is female, age 35, height 5ft4inches and weight 244lbs

My aim is to lose 76lbs to get down to 168lbs and I would like to lose 2lbs a week as I am getting married in September this year

Ihow many calories should I be eating to lose 2lbs a week?

Any suggestions x

Replies

• professormudd1
    Options
    MyFitnessPal should run that calculation for you when you put your stats in and goals. Go to the "My Home" tab, then click goals.
  • Brunty554
    Options
    MFP says eat 1200 however I want to do the tdee method and I have a desk job
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise at all? If so, you should include that in your activity level when calculating your TDEE. In order to lose weight using the TDEE method, you calculate your TDEE using the appropriate information and then subtract 20% from that number.

TDEE - 20% is what you should be eating for sustainable weight loss.
  • Brunty554
    Options
    Hi

I don't really do exercise I have a desk job

I heard that you could minus 25% off your tdee to lose weight if fairly large however this takes my calories to under my bmr

Can I eat under my bmr?

So confused
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Do you plan on exercising at all, or do you want to lose weight through diet alone? I used iifym.com to run your TDEE based on the information you provided, and it came up at approximately 2147. You could eat at a deficit of 20%-25% (approximately 1600-1700 calories a day), but be aware that you probably won't lose 2lb a week. If your maintenance calories are around 2100 a day, you would need a daily deficit of 1000 calories to lose 2 lb a week, which would put you around just 1100 calories a day. Such a low calorie goal is probably not sustainable and shouldn't be attempted without having your nutrition monitored.

TDEE calculations are just estimates, so you may need to tweak the numbers as you go along.
    You could add exercise to your routine to increase your body's caloric needs, or you could simply eat at a moderate deficit and keep an eye on your nutrition.
  • Brunty554
    Options
    Thanks everyone