Fitbit Sync Issue

Options
When, or how often, is fitbit supposed to sync over to myfitnesspal? I do understand there are issues being worked out. I am just curious how it is supposed to work, so I know if I am, in fact, even having a problem. I am new to fitbit as of today.

Replies

• nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit since Christmas and most days it syncs nearly every time I log into MFP, as long as I've been on my Fitbit app first.

There have been some days where it hasn't sync'd until later in the day but I just keep an eye on my calorie burn on the app & make sure I'm under on here.
  • MommyMichelle1234
    MommyMichelle1234 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can see the number of steps in myfitnesspal (I can see this on my computer , but not the phone app..... there is an entry under Cardio Exercise : Fitbit calorie adjustment based on your measured activity), but the calories burned still reads zero.

I did just set all of this fitbit stuff up today around noon.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You won't get a calorie adjustment until you have exceeded the activity level you have MFP set up for. I have to be over 4000 steps before I get any adjustment set at sedentary here if that's any guide, although it may differ according to your weight.

It will rise and fall across the day once you've got an adjustment. For instance you could have 200 extra cals at teatime but a lazy evening may see those drop significantly because it calculates based on the assumption that you will remain just as active for the rest of the day.
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have both fitbit and the atria scale, and both aren't all that reliable updating to MFP. They are pretty good about synching the the fitbit website.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    When, or how often, is fitbit supposed to sync over to myfitnesspal? I do understand there are issues being worked out. I am just curious how it is supposed to work, so I know if I am, in fact, even having a problem. I am new to fitbit as of today.

I think I read somewhere that fitbit tries to sync every 8 minutes or so. I have noticed sometimes it takes longer but not much.
  • teresa77447
    Options
    I can see the number of steps in myfitnesspal (I can see this on my computer , but not the phone app..... there is an entry under Cardio Exercise : Fitbit calorie adjustment based on your measured activity), but the calories burned still reads zero.

I did just set all of this fitbit stuff up today around noon.

Where do you see the steps? I dont see that in MFP anywhere.