MUSCLE PAIN

Options
So, I've been doing my typical work out nothing out of the ordinary. Same routine for the last three weeks. Today my left calf muscle is sore to the touch. Not Oh I overworked kind of sore, but really sore to the touch. Should this be concern or need for rest, etc? I have achy muscles all over from working out, this is a different kind of sore.

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Typically I err on the side of caution. Id reduce intensity of whatever you think caused it and just cancel that portion of your workout if you can feel it next time. A couple days off never hurt either. Focusing on a different muscle group and letting it fully recover is your safest bet.

If this just happened ice it.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Is it hot to the touch? Tendinitis hit me after about three weeks of running last year because I run wrong, and several different exercises will do that to you.

Rule of thumb - if it's uncomfortable, you're fine. If it HURTS, stop doing whatever you were doing.

Edit: Well, ok, let me rephrase that. It's still good to get it checked out, but generally discomfort isn't a problem, while pain is.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    no it's not hot to the touch. I think I'm going to still go to the gym and just see how it affects me. If I'm in horrible pain, I'll stop of course. Thanks everyone!
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stretch when you can handle the pain. Avoid calf exercises until healed. AVOID ANYTHING BUT FLAT SHOES UNTIL HEALED.