Is chicken skin relly that bad

Options
I am now going to eat a whole chicken everyday , i know the skin has saturated fat, witch will add more calories,

i understand that the skin adds about 100 calories from any part of the chicken. thats almost double the calories if i eat the skin

is it really worth it? the skin tastes so good, it makes the chicken less dry and more enjoyable.

should i just eat it dry and save the calories from the skin?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you like the skin then eat the skin, just track the calories and macros accurately and fit it into your daily goals, no problem
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You're going to eat a whole chicken every day?

whatever, just track you calories and fit it into your macros...but I think you're going to get bored eating a chicken every day.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Save up the skins and have a big chicken skin sandwich every week. It's the right thing to do.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish a mofo would try and rob me of my chicken skin. Not only does the fatty goodness taste wonderful oven baked, it also holds seasonings so well. It's like the icing on a great piece of cake.

But then again I'm not losing by calorie counting. If you eat a lot of chicken, yes, the skin will add up. And that could be calories better spent on something with more substance if you're struggling with satiation at all.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Is there a need for 2 threads asking the same thing?

Eat whatever you want, just make sure you hit your macros and calorie goal. Simple.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    If you like the skin on your chicken, you can keep it. Period.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It depends. If we are having chicken pieces, legs, wings etc, I eat the skin. I however sometimes enjoy thigh or breast fillets. Those I cut of any extra fats as it's too chewy for me. I agree a whole chicken might get boring everyday.
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If you like it, eat it. Just make sure to count it. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can eat some of it and skip the rest.
  • newmanthereasa
    newmanthereasa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the skin on fried chicken. There are ways to cook chicken without skin so that it is tender and moist. One of my favorites is to put chicken breast and some seasonings in the crock pot and let it cook on low. it shreds for sandwiches (in place of shredded pork) or is also good on salads. But like the others have said--if you love it, eat it--just make sure you're adding the calories and adjusting exercise accordingly.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Is chicken skin really that bad?

Short answer - no.

Long answer - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • healthnewlife
    Options
    that sounds really gross eating skin
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    that sounds really gross eating skin

crispy chicken skin is the bomb...cracklin' isn't too far behind...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are serious. You have been here for exactly a year and there is nothing in your profile page and it seems that within that year you have also no lost, assuming that since you have a ticker something ought to happen with your weight. The nine posts in total also have me wonder.
    Enjoy that chicken !
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just a case of adding more calories, as you say.

I eat chicken, because of it's protein and relatively low calorie(ness) as I do with turkey, so I tend to avoid the chicken skin. Whereas if I was to eat a KFC, removing the skin would be damaging to my mental health!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    IIFYM.

Eat it any way you like!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    as long as you're not wearing the chicken skin it's not really bad. now if you decide to wear it then yes it's bad. really really bad.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    as long as you're not wearing the chicken skin it's not really bad. now if you decide to wear it then yes it's bad. really really bad.
    It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It depends. If we are having chicken pieces, legs, wings etc, I eat the skin. I however sometimes enjoy thigh or breast fillets. Those I cut of any extra fats as it's too chewy for me. I agree a whole chicken might get boring everyday.

I could definitely eat a whole rotisserie chicken everyday without it really getting boring. Some people are pretty good at eating the same things day after day. Hell most people don't rotate their breakfast foods.
  • littlelexical
    littlelexical Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Aww, what about the 6 snickers you were planning on eating yesterday?

Troll be trolling.