21 year old female looking to get fit!

Options
Hey there!

I'm a 21 year old yo-yo dieter, a terrible habit that I'm currently trying to break out of. I lost about 30 pounds 3 years ago and then my weight rocketed up to my all-time high, which is about the time when I first signed up to MFP. I've logged my progress since starting from there but had a break from MFP for a while.. now it's time to get back on track!

I'm aiming to lose another 30 pounds this year and see where it goes from there. :smile:

My main goals are to achieve a good level of fitness and improve my overall health. Achieving the perfect figure is not my main concern, although it would be nice. :tongue:

Would love to make some weight-loss buddies for support and advice tips.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With only 30 lbs. to lose, your goal should be set at no more than 1 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants and take lots of before pics!
  • Goldenine
    Options
    Thanks for the help, that link is a fantastic aid! I will also try to get some decent 'before' pics. :smile:

I didn't realise my goal was set at more than 1lb per week, but thank you for pointing that out. :blushing:
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I wish the Sexypants post was here when I started. And I wish I'd taken before pics. (Measurements, too.)

My other advice is everybody's different, and weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. You've already taken the first step!
  • meels709
    meels709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm 22, looking to lose 30 lbs too (for now).
    I try to be active in my news feed, looking for some more friends!

I'll send you an add, and anyone is welcome to friend me too :)
  • hurricanegirl13
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP as well and 22 :)... I have about 90 lbs I lose, well I'm hoping to anyway. I also did some horrible yo-yo dieting about three years ago, and lost 60 lbs... Then couldn't keep up with it and gained 70lbs back! I'm jut stating out... So I haven't lost anything yet, maybe a lb... Good luck with your weight lost! I'm always comforted to see people my age going through the same stuff. Keep up the good work!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to follow the basic premises set out in the Sexy Pants thread (as in not eating 1200 or less, killing yourself with cardio, preaching about "unclean" foods or the like) then you are welcome to friend me! I had 30lbs to lose when I started and I am 24.
  • asauce413
    Options
    Hey..I'm Annie. I'm 21, 5'6 and around 205 pounds. A lot of people say I don't look like I weigh that much, but, it still is what it is, unhealthy! I'm a size 12 right now. I am a total yo-yo dieter..have been for a while now. Just last year I lost 30 pounds and then gained it all back plus more..which is why I am where I am now. I really need some help and motivation to get myself on track. I recently injured my back working with a personal trainer (go figure) but luckily I'm feeling better now and ready to take the next step. I am aiming to lose 65 pounds all together. I'm a full-time nursing student and I work full-time..so time is of the essence for me. Summer is almost here and I'm dreading putting a bathing suit on this year which breaks my heart because the beach is my favorite place.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With only 30 lbs. to lose, your goal should be set at no more than 1 lb. per week. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants and take lots of before pics!

disagree, there's no reason you can't lose 2-3lbs a week still. When i had just 30 pounds to lose i had weeks of 2-3 pounds of loss.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    http://cdc.gov/en/HealthSafetyTopics/HealthyLiving/HealthyWeight/
    LosingWeight/Introduction
    It's natural for anyone trying to lose weight to want to lose it very quickly. But evidence shows that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss isn't just about a "diet" or "program". It's about an ongoing lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits.