Hi! New here + New Mommy!

Options
Hello everyone!!

I am so happy I came across this site. I am 26 years old and I just had my first baby on July. I am very blessed to have my lil baby boy he is my all. But with the pregnancy I gained 43 lbs. I already lost most of it but these last pounds seem to stay. I am looking forward to losing them, and sharing the experience with this amazing site.

Any diet tips and recomendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you all!

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    that's great you lost almost all of your weight. I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained from both of my pregnancies. They say it takes 9 months to gain, so 9 months to lose it.

Cardio seems to be the best to lose the weight. though I'm still trying to figure out how to lose the baby pouch. So any imput on how to lose that, would be great!
  • LizzyAngel
    Options
    Hi Michelle! Thank you for answering!

The baby pouch is the hardest to lose... I am struggling with that too.

Thank you for the advise on cardio, I will definetly try that.

Have you ever tried any fitness dvds?
  • katelyn002
    katelyn002 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ugh, the baby pouch! I have three kids and after all pregnancies ive lost the weight, but the pouch never leaves, your body changes forever! lol Add me as a friend if you'd like and we can try heping each other :)
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi LizzyAngel, I'm in the same situation as you, but i had my little boy in February and still trying to lose those stubborn pounds. Add me as a friend if you like! Marie
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    i'm still trying to get down to my pre pregnancy weight - my youngest is nearly 4!!

I've tried a whole load of diets and they don't work for me, I've just been over eating and now hopefully i'm controlling the amount I eat - thanks to MFP.

I don't think my baby pouch will ever go fully but its shrinking thanks to the 30 day shred, Jillian is a killler but my waist size has shrunk 2.5 inches in 2 weeks!!!

good luck
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have tried videos like core rythums, and the firm and the wii shape. I like the wii shape, but as for the other video's I can feel the burn, but I'm horrible at following. So I'm always afraid my form isn't correct. I end up getting frustrated and after a few days just give up. I love my elliptical. and riding bike and walking. though since its getting cold, its harder to squeeze that in. especially since it's dark till I get home from work. and trying to workout, with a 2 year old and 1 year old running around is impossible. I can only get it done, when the kids are in bed.
    Everyone keeps talking about this 30 day shred. Is everyone having good results. and is this easy to follow?
  • apikert
    Options
    just started last night cant wait to enter what i eat today!! my only question is i am breast feeding...i cant find a place to put that on my profile...i need extra calories obviously...any help?
  • LizzyAngel
    Options
    Hello ladies! sorry I havent been on, I have been very busy with my little one (hes teething). I am trying to figure out how to add you ladies as my friends, but I still havent figured it out :embarassed: Please add me if you like!