LADIES! Do you weigh-in during that time of the month?

Options
During my period, I SERIOUSLY bloat. I've decided not to weigh-in when I'm on my period because of this. Ladies who bloat, do you?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yep. Usually goes down on day 3-4.
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I stay as far away from the scale as possible this time.
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do, but I tell myself it's gonna be more than usual. It goes down after a few days.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    While I am trying to lose weight I am on depro shots, which basically hold off 'that time' all together. This helps me to keep my hormones much more in check and balanced. I don't get monthly bloating because of this, so it is a non issue for me
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nooo.. i stop weighing when I see my weight creep up.. I check my calendar and if it's near that time I wait until a full 4 days after I'm off to weigh again.. Otherwise you will just beat yourself up and for what?!! :noway:
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday (even during that time) but log only once a week. I give myself some slack during that time but still track it so I don't totally over eat - my appetite goes crazy a day or two before.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do. I weigh pretty much every morning. I know my weight may be slightly higher, so I know to expect that. I like to know where my body is at, including whether I'm holding water weight or not. It lets me know to drink more water and maybe take a midol. Pretty much anytime the scale goes up, even if it's due to water weight, that's motivation for me to stay on track and not make my period an excuse to eat crap or overeat.
  • kballard66
    Options
    Nope, I avoid it like the plague!
  • g33kmommy
    g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've learned to stay AWAY from the scale during that time of the month. I don't weigh until 4-5 days in, when the water weight finally falls off.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Today is the first initial day. I only weigh once a week and thought, eh what the hell. I wasn't expecting much but I lost 2.7 lbs! I usually avoid it too when TOM is around but I'm glad it didn't this time :happy:
  • FitStelley
    FitStelley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do, because I know that if my weight goes up during that time it's usually because I've seriously decreased my water intake. If I keep myself at 3-4 liters each day (my usual goal) I tend to not gain weight.
  • mukisankibaya
    Options
    I weigh weekly and record, so I just note that I'm at that time when I record my weight,
  • HappyGladGal
    HappyGladGal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do. I don't freak out if it increase a bit. It could be muscle mass or water retention etc. i weigh myself everyday.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. There is always ups and downs no matter what and that is OK.
  • anewnum1
    anewnum1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week day regardless. I think it will be interesting to see how much I actually gain during that time. I was just talking to a co-worker about it today, actually.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yep, I weigh in everyday and I like to see the changes/patterns over the course of the months.
  • ihadabadidea
    ihadabadidea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My wife weighs every day, and she usually drops the most weight just before her period: she's been doing MFP for several months, and you tell when her cycle is by just looking at her weight loss chart.
  • canonri
    canonri Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I weigh myself 5 times a week.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh in until I lose