LADIES! Do you weigh-in during that time of the month?

Options

Replies

• HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I stay as far away from the scale as possible this time.

Agree ^
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day no matter what but I am okay with just dismissing the extra weight as temporary.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do not step on the scale until 2 days after, and I am a daily weigher. My weight can go up as much as 8 lbs and it freaks me out so Istay off.
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I very rarely get my period because of the Depo shot, and I've only owned a scale for a few weeks, so when Aunt Flo DID visit me last week, I did weigh-in. It was discouraging to see the little bit of weight gain (though it was only 0.2 pounds over a full week) but I'm just sort of hoping that my weight loss this week will be wonderful, post-bloat? I will probably continue to weigh in every week, period or no, I just won't take any weight gain too hard, keeping it in mind.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I usually do. Sometimes I would go up several pounds.

I normally get bloated prior to my period starting. Usually up to a week before. It goes away on day 2 or 3 of my period, so I have bloating for 7-10 days.

This month I'm not super bloated Only a little bit. And I still lost weight this week. I am supposed to start my period on Sunday or Monday.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm on the pill so day one is always Sunday, by Wednesday (my usual weigh in day) its almost over and the bloat is mostly gone so I weigh in. I never have big losses on TOM weeks but so long as I stick to my weigh in schedule and dont go horribly crazy with the salty foods I don't have gains either.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? I like to track the fluctuations in my body weight.

In the beginning I used to be upset by every up and down. Now I think it's interesting to see the pattern my body usually follows. :smile:
  • Diligent1a
    Diligent1a Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    No, I steer clear of the scales, as I do gain but it then drops off the following week.
  • miamouse3
    miamouse3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Heck no. I bloat like nothing else and I sometimes cheat. Periods are harsh on me, I lose a lot of my body's resources and get craving and needs to eat something to make up for the deficit. :/ Periods aren't supposed to cause anemia but my gyno says something makes me periods too harsh now and then. If it falls during a weigh-in day, I would say skip that one and try again next week. Though some people weight every day, which I think is excessive and will drive you nuts. Weekly is a more accurate means to track. I do it in the morning after I have done my bathroom business, and have an empty stomach.

Periods are emotionally unstable, what if your scale says something you don't like? It could upset you and in a bad moment you pig on junk or something. Its discouraging and not worth it. :) Just wait for the next week.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I still weight, I just have to mentally brace myself that I might not like the numbers!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    LOVE to weigh in then. I always weigh LESS. Isn't that strange?
  • seasonsanna
    Options
    I do, and I drink as much water as I can stand.
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well... when it's "that time" for me, I am usually curled up in the fetal position in bed - taking hydrocodone and flexiril. :( I don't even think about weighing myself. I'm ready for the lady parts to get yanked out. I'm kind of scared because supposedly it's due to show up early next week and I'll be on a business trip. I'm taking the meds with me and if it gets bad, at least I could pass it off as the flu and have someone bring me back to the hotel.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    #itscomplicated

Had a hysterectomy last summer. Kept the ovaries. So I still have the hormonal cycle, but no periods. I can't tell when my TOM is, although sometimes I can kinda sorta guess based on other symptoms.

Re the question, I weighed in daily before that, and I weigh in daily now. Why not? It's data.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    nope! never weigh myself during that time! although oddly enough, I usually feel thinner during that time
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i do.. i just tell myself its ok if its up.. it will go back down in a few days,
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The body is so weird. I am thankful I've never had all the crazy stuff go on during my period that I see others posting about on MFP. I don't do anything different during that time. I log my weight every Friday no matter what it is.
  • Stubbornfighter
    Stubbornfighter Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't, it creates unnecessary frustration when it isn't a 'real' weight as I call it. I eat healthy and do light exercise to ease that time and weigh after. I'm not strict about when I weigh because I feel the mindset should be 'I'm getting healthy' not 'I'm losing weight' because if you're building muscle and losing fat sometimes they counter balance and you stay the same but are better or you weigh more because of muscle gain. Hope that helps :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I stay as far away from the scale as possible this time.

This...I don't need the aggrevation.
  • rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    I weigh every day, because I like to track how various foods, TOM, and other factors affect me. However, I pay attention to the overall trend that my weight is going by looking at the charts, rather than the exact weight on any given day.