i wana lose 50# gained during pregnancy.

Options
Hi there.
I had my second baby 3 months back.i gained 80# during my pregnancy lost 30# during my 1 month but staying at 190 since then.i am also exclusively breastfeeding but it is not helping. Im so depressed i sometimes think about stopping breastfeeding but know its best for my kid.
Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• steffinup
    Options
    YES! MY little guy is going to be 6 months and breastfeed him exclusively for the first 3, gained 80lbs while pregnant. One day he just wouldn't eat so I broke down and gave him formula. Now he's getting both. I was depressed about not being able to lose weight while nursing, but now sucks even more since it's not even an exclusive thing! I'm starting to get used to the weight which is making it better. The only advise I have is just focus on eating healthy since that's whats best for both of you. The weight should gradually come off, at least that's what my plan is.

If you need anyone to talk to, I'm new but I plan on sticking around!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I only have one child, I gained 50 when I had him, and I lost it in 6 weeks by taking him out walking in the stroller just about every day for a couple of hours. He loved it, I lost it...too bad I gained it back when I got older, now I am trying to lose it again!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new babies!!!!

Breastfeeding should add 500 calories to your daily intake. Make sure you run your numbers (TDEE BMR) and see where you should be and log your calories for a bit. Either you're eating more than you think... or not enough and stalled. more likely its more than you think.

Its Fine to lose weight while nursing as long as you get Enough calories (see above) and plenty of Water.

Plus, you're probably major sleep deprived! Newborns are hard work! It took 9 months to gain, it takes awhile to come off also.
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.im gonna take it slow from here. I go to the gym 4 days a week and do weight and cardio both..hope it helps me.
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi.i was wondering if i should add 200 -300 calories to my allowed 1200 calories since im exclusively breastfeeding.
    Because im finding it difficult to stay at 1200 since im exercising and breastfeeding.