Oatmeal ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana and cinnamon! It is so tasty!!

I just died and went to oatmeal heaven....
  • cms9285
    cms9285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1tbsp Justin's Maple Almond Butter (sometimes I'll do Honey Peanut Butter)
    Mashed banana
    Raspberries or Strawberries
    Cinnamon

I look forward to waking up just to make this!
  • Rokikio79
    Rokikio79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do chia seeds and a little bit of vanilla flavored protein powder to give it a nice creamy texture. Fruit and nuts is always great in oatmeal too. I also share in your love of oatmeal!
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    With mine I put in : Cinammon, stevia ,cocoa powder, agave nectar (aka agave syrup) + almonds
    It's super yummy
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    Frozen cherries in the bottom of the bowl, hot oatmeal on top and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a gluten sensitivity, so oats are my go-to substitute. I mix 1 cup of oatmeal with 2 cups of boiling water plus a dab of sea salt, and let it sit till it's like cookie dough (if it doesn't quite 'get there', I add a Tbsp of psyllium, which not only thickens it, it also keeps the finished product from being soggy/floppy). Then scoop it onto a cookie sheet (oil usually not needed btw), flatten it into 'cookies' with a spoon dipped in water. Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches the 'done-ness' that suits you best. My favorite uses for them are:

- topped with peanut butter to enjoy with my morning coffee

- spread cream cheese or laughing cow on, add pickled jalapenos or sliced dills (or smoked salmon, avocado, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, sliced onion ... use your imagination).

- make them a little bit bigger (3 per cup of oatmeal), and use as pizza shells (slather with pizza or spaghetti sauce, sliced mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, tomatoes and top with shredded cheese for a veggie pizza ... or use low cal deli meats, pineapple, shrimps, oysters ... again, imagination is a good thing here).

- when you add 1 - 2 Tbsp of psyllium, they tend to puff up and become more like pita shells ... which opens up a whole new can of creative opportunities ... slice across the middle and fill with wonderful things.
  • jessiekat321
    Options
    i use steel cut oats 1/4 cup (dry) serving size add 1/2 mashed banana & 8g almond butter :) very filling. First couple of times i used a full TBSP on almond butter (ridiculously delish but too many cals) can get away w/ 8g.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Following!

And where is everyone finding the PB2? I've been wanting to try it. :flowerforyou:
  • KerponTryingM
    KerponTryingM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get PB2 at Kroger. It's in their organic section (not sure why). Try the chocolate one.

Lots of good suggestions for oatmeal. Have you ever tried oatmeal and left over homemade cranberry sauce? It's great.
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I add 1 scoop cellucor cinnamon protein powder to raw oatmeal and 1 packet sweetener substitute.
  • ambyrcat
    Options
    Refrigerator oatmeal! Instead of cooking it in the morning, prepare the night before and keep it in the fridge over night.

1/2c rolled oats (steel cut won't work)
    1c yogurt of your choice (I like vanilla greek yogurt)
    fruit and other adds (I usually just do 1/2-1c strawberries)
    Some people add a bit of milk for more liquid, but I like how it gets thick and creamy with just the yogurt.
    And I add 1T chia seeds, because I like chia seeds :D

Google 'refrigerator oatmeal' and you'll find plenty of recipes. My sister swears by one with peanut butter, banana and cocoa powder.
  • deonissa
    Options
    U can put whatever u want in ur oatmeal. Nuts (especially pecans or walnuts), raisins, fruit, berries (sliced strawberries or blueberries are very good). If u like sour try grated apple. I usually grate one green whole apple an add to my oatmeal. Also, cook it using milk, not water. It makes it delicious! Another idea, add protein powder. Don't be afraid to add whatever an try how it tastes.