Looking for vegan/vegetarian/plant-based diet friends!

Options
Hi all! After a rough couple of months of weight gain (I lost 45 lbs last year and recently gained 25 back) I'm back on the wagon. I attribute some of my weight gain to quitting smoking and an ankle injury that screwed up my running/training regimen, but mostly it was being a lazy *kitten*, pigging out on carbs and sweets during the holidays, and binge-drinking and not tracking on the weekends.
Anyway, I took a break from MFP because I was pretty depressed about all of it. Well, now that I'm back I'd love to find some friends with similar diets with open diaries for inspiration!

CW: 187
GW: 140
Height: 5'8"
Diet: 1,200 cal/day all plant based, with one cheat meal a week (that's when I eat CHEESE!!!!) Might be upping the cals though with the exercise program...
Exercise: Just started Insanity 60-day plan on Monday!

Please add me as a friend! I've been a vegan for almost a year now (sometimes I slip up and have food that has eggs or dairy in it but I avoid it as much as possible). Thanks!

Replies

• greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I was vegan for 3 years in my late teens, which helped me lose 70+ pounds, and am vegetarian now (social pressure aarrgggh), which helped me gain 50 pounds back, but I still like to eat mostly vegan. Green smoothies are my best friends. I'm trying--trying!--to eat pretty clean right now.

5'10"/F/24
    HW: 280+
    SW: 269
    CW: 221
    LW: 216
    GW: 165
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm may not be totally who you're looking for. I consider myself to be a vegetarian, but I do eat fish on occasion. I also love cheese and yogurt, but have the largest soft spot for cheese. I have never liked milk, so I simply don't buy it. I consider my diet to be mostly plant based and I do consume a lot of grain, but I try to increase my fruits and veggies when I can.

I'm 26
    CW: 147
    GW: 140 for now (hoping to get lower later)

I am intermittently on myfittnesspal, but I'm planning on being on for a while just now.
  • phillipedes
    Options
    Add me! :)

I'm 5'8/22/F.

SW: 141
    CW: 137
    GW1: 130 (by 3/6)
    GW2: 125

Diet: 1300 cal/day - Vegan
    Exercise: 6 days a week, dance, yoga, martial arts