First of many mini-sucecsses.

Options
OK, I do consider being presented with cake, brownies, and candy all in the last week and saying "no thank you" to all of them a success. I also do consider the amount of exercise I've stuck to a success.

The biggest measureable success so far though? Getting below 40 BMI. I could not be prouder of myself. That's HUGE. Sure, it's only 39.6 but it's UNDER 40, somewhere I haven't been in, well, over a year at least.

I have to say thank you to MFP. I'm a believer. If I had stayed in the patterns I was in before, forcing my body into starvation and panic, I wouldn't have lost the 10lbs I have in the last few weeks. It's true, you really do have to eat and move your body and good things will happen. I can't wait till I'm on here with B&As!! :happy: Thanks for letting me pat myself on the shoulder a bit. :)

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Excellent news!!! Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    Congrats on the mini success. It feels good to meet a goal you have set. Just stay focused on your goals and you will do great. Dont get discouraged when the scale doesnt move; remember muscle weighs more than fat. Good luck in this journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • kgaylord
    Options
    That is a huge success being strong enough to not eat all those sweets. My down fall are regular cokes. I have had two cokes in about 3 wks which is a mini success for me.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    These are HUGE successes! WAY TO GO!

Charmagne
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That is a huge success being strong enough to not eat all those sweets. My down fall are regular cokes. I have had two cokes in about 3 wks which is a mini success for me.

Oooh I feel your pain with the cokes! I LOVE me a coke every so often, and when I get migraines they seem to help better than just about anything else. I am allowing myself 1 a week MAX right now. That way I don't feel like I can't have anything, but I also don't have to have it. Good luck, it's hard to give up!
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    You're doing great! That is a HUGE deal, so good for you! I love this site too, it really encourages a healthy lifestyle balanced with exercise, veggies and the occasional Coke.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!