A new start!

Options
Hi everyone!

My weight loss journey officially starts today! I recently had our first child in August and its time for me to get in shape. I have always been overweight, but I refuse to be for the rest of my life. My new life starts today. I want to be able to run around with my son, and have the energy to play with him.

While my husband was deployed, we talked about changing our eating habits and joining a gym. Well since he's been home, we have started going to the gym, but now its time to change the way we eat.

Replies

• hairy_bob
    Options
    welcome and good luck, this is a great place for advice and support!
  • tonya24
    Options
    Good Luck you can do it!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new baby! It's wonderful that you're ready to tackle your personal well-being. Best of luck! We're all here to support you.

Shannon
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your new journey!
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! I am doing the exact opposite, I have been doing really good with eating well, but not with the exercise...there is lots of motivation and ideas to help on this site though...
  • kgaylord
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been tracking my calories for about 3 wks. There is a lot of motivation on this site, so if you are feeling down just log on and read/post on the blogs.
  • amberchristi
    Options
    Welcome!! :smile:
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i also just had a baby in august (my second), we can do it!! goodluck!!