Anyone else trying to lose 20 lbs or less?

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see there are other people in the same boat as me. My goal was to lose 30 pounds and as you can see in my ticker I have 3 more to go. I've lost 4 pounds since August. Four pounds in 4 months! Ugh. It's taken me 19 months to lose 27 pounds. What has helped is exercising. I do circuit training 4-5x/week and while I haven't lost a lot of weight I have gone down a pants size so I'm thinking I'm losing fat but gaining muscle. But those last three pounds are stubbornly sticking to me. Very frustrating.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    These last few pounds are purely for vanity, not really health, so sometimes I lose the motivation and just say I'm "fine" where I am. But I know I feel and look better at a lower weight so trying to stick to it this time.

This is so me. Sometimes I think to myself, "Why are you obsessing about 3 pounds? Statistically speaking it's nothing." But it's the point. Darn it, those three pounds have GOT to GO!
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    My goal was/is to lose 15lbs. Already lost 5 so 10 more to go. I may want to lose more after that as well if I'm not happy but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Most of my life I was pretty fit, and my body's happy weight was 128. I could maintain that by making (generally) healthy choices and working out on a schedule I could maintain.

As of this week I'm hovering right at or slightly below 145, which is 7 pounds down from where I started, but still leaves me 17 pounds to go.

On my 5'7" (all legs) frame, I've never been categorized as "overweight" - but with the way I carry excess fat, at my recent high, I literally have rolls and "fat creases." It may not be overweight by some general standard, but for my body, it definitely is. Lethargy was also a huge issue at my heaviest, although I'm already noticing a difference there with just a few pounds!
  • jjmchugh1
    Options
    I Want to lose 28lb lol :) only just joined 2 days ago.. does everyone find this method works for them? :) im positive so far seems a lot more simple than weight watchers or slimming world :) x
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    True story.... the last of the weight is the hardest. I have lost a total of 73lbs and I have 7lbs to go. I log everyday and I am always on MFP. All is welcome to add me :smile:
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I started with a goal to lose 15 lbs, but adjusted my goal to 10lbs. I am pretty happy at 140 (5'8"), but would love to lose 5 more pounds if I can. At this point I think its more toning than losing weight....so if toning can help me lose a few more pounds that would be great! :smile:

Best of luck to everyone!!! :drinker:
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I want to be 140 and it was a 23 pound goal. So far I've lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I see it as "If I had kept going all the times I quit, I would be there already"
  • Mundame23
    Options
    I just started this several days go. I gained some serious winter weight since it was below freezing nearly every day and I had nothing to do.. so I ate. I've always had issues with low energy and motivation, but it wasn't until recently that I realized how much my body has changed over the last 5 years. I used to be in great shape. Now my abs have disappeared and I'm not as strong as I used to be. Sure, what I have to lose is small beans compared to a lot of other people, but it's still a lot to me, because changing your lifestyle is difficult no matter what. I'm so glad I joined this site so someone could hold me accountable and I can't make excuses for myself anymore. I want to be healthy again.
    (I'm also very short so my ten pounds have made a big difference. At least I think it's 10 pounds. I don't have a scale right now.)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have 5lbs to go and it's taking weeks and weeks to lose even half a pound at this point :/

If I reach my goal by the summer I will be happy. I like how I feel at this weight so I don't sweat it. But it sure is a slow process

Good luck!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I was at 139... got serious about it and lost 15 lbs so I'm now at 124. I still want to lose another 5 lbs but main goal is toning so I don't look the skinny fat...
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a fair bit less than 20lb and it's a bit of an ordeal. It's so much easier when you've not made any improvements to diet or exercise schedule - because as soon as you do you see those quick wins. When diet and exercise is operating as you intended and you've already achieved a fair bit, that last stage totally draggggggggggsssssss.

That's my experience anyway. :smiles:
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Meeeee! I have about twenty to go! I'm 5'1 and currently weigh 142. I had gained 10 lbs back so I was much closer to my goal before. I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a few days ago so I'm trying to get back in the game. At least in my area (Chicago) the snow needs to leeeeaaaaveee. When I was running, I was losing weight pretty well!
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I totally forgot this post and I'll add everyone who wanted to be added (:

Since I've posted this I lost 4 pounds but I think it's water weight. I'm ok with it though because the lower number on my scale makes me happy haha.

I deff think these last few pounds are the hardest to lose so I wish everyone the best of luck with their fitness goals!
  • Monty_P
    Monty_P Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need to lose the 20lbs I put on after getting married.

Kind of sick of hearing people tell me I don't need to lose weight but while I might not be big by most people's standards, I'm not comfortable/used to being this big.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    last 10 - 14 lbs here and I know it is going to be hard....stubborn body is pretty happy at this weight :grumble:
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I need to lose the 20lbs I put on after getting married.

Kind of sick of hearing people tell me I don't need to lose weight but while I might not be big by most people's standards, I'm not comfortable/used to being this big.

^THIS. I hear it all the time too. I might be fine by their standards, but mine are a bit higher. :explode:
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Plan to lose another 10 lbs. this year. I lost 20 lbs and it took me about 1 1/2 years to do it. Now I've been at the same weight for over 2 years which means I've really learned how to maintain, but my ultimate goal is to be down another 10. I really have to get on it this year. I definitely know how to maintain now, but losing is a challenge. I'm 5'1" and currently at 130. Have a cruise planned in a couple weeks so I'm just going to hope to maintain since I think I know how to do that but as soon as I get back, it's time to get these last 10 lbs gone for good. 2014 is my year to do it. Good luck to everyone and please keep me in the group. :happy:
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Same boat as well :)

My realistic goal is 140, because I'm generally happy at that weight, though 135 is nice I'm not going to push it. I always gain in November and December so I'm just trying to get all that off. I definitely have the problem where I don't look "bad" per se at 150 but I cant fit in my 6's.

10 pounds to go to get to 140, 15 if I want to keep going. My main goal is to stop having to lose 15 pounds again and to try to actually maintain my weight within a five pound range. I did that for a good 2 years at one point (gaining/losing the same 5 pounds) and it worked really well. The key is to not let it get out of hand :) Unfortunately we delude ourselves sometimes LOL
  • ksaroyan
    ksaroyan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, my current goal is 10 lbs... I too feel like I could just drop the weight whenever I want, however this is so untrue.

I'm not a spring chicken anymore which means I actually have to get my butt to the gym.. It's so hard balancing work, life, kids,etc...

Need some major motivation!! I started eating clean, no no to packaged anything and wow I lost 3-4 lbs almost immediately.

Now if I can just lose 10 lbs I can be back to pre-pregnancy weight. xo Karin