future nurse on a mission

Options
Hello everyone! I have been off and on this site for a while, but now is the time to get serious! I am 25 and about to graduate from nursing school. I am about 100 lb overweight (wow that is crazy to admit!) and tired of it. This is the first time I have been on the forums and figured if I want to succeed I need to try something different. I want to be healthy, not skinny. I want to be confident and proud of who I am. I want to make my husband and family proud of me and be a living example for my future patients. I have a lot to accomplish, and am finally ready to take the baby steps necessary! I give up very easily, but I feel I have the right amount of support as well as confidence to keep me going this time around! I am here to build my support system as well as support others on their journey to be a better, healthier person! I am interested to see what is working for other folks as well as give some of my own advice (as put some of my own advice to action).

Replies

• jenjen1369
    jenjen1369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing nursing school! RN,BSN here. I can be a support if you want. Starting your nursing career can be stressful. I remember when the weight of the responsibility hit me and I couldn't "go get the nurse", because I was the nurse LOL. Best, Jennifer