CHOLESTEROL - Your daily intake?

Options
2»

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yes, vegan due to need to limit protein and sodium because of propensity to make and pass kidney stones. And in case no one realizes it, our bodies make cholesterol. You do not need to consume it. And my hair, skin, health is all fantastic. All of my physicians are incredibly impressed with my health.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    300-500 dialy. My last total cholesterol was 125 (nov).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Zero

Vegan?
    The liver manufactures the cholesterol that travels in our blood. Our lifestyle, overall health and diet dictates what type and the amount of lipoproteins (HDL & LDL) the liver is going to manufacturer for the majority of the time. Whether someone eats cholesterol or not has nothing to do with the health of that persons cholesterol levels.......those other factors dictate that.
  • dseign
    dseign Posts: 25
    Options
    My calorie intake is net between 800-1200. I will splurge on one meal and go free when my fiancé and I go out for dinner. With that said, I'm 23 days into this diet; loosing 4lbs/1st 2 weeks and gaining 2lbs on my 3 week weigh in. I log EVERYTHING on MFP. I was told at my TOPS meeting my protein levels need to be min 71 and I'm not getting enough calories. However, being at 2500 under my caloric goal of 1489 for the week caused me to gain. I'm MORE than FRUSTRATED!
  • dseign
    dseign Posts: 25
    Options
    2 eggs put me over this morning on my cholesterol. I don't have a cholesterol issue, but how the heck do you make an educated decision on what causes weight gain? Also, I had Salmon for Dinner and MFP said I ingested 0 potassium. Salmon is suppose to be loaded with potassium.