Needing Friends to keep me on track!

Options
I am 31 and have been over weight since i was 12. I want to and need to change, but its not easy on my own, I could use friends who know what it's like to be over weight and the journey it takes to lose weight.

Replies

• gamma725
    gamma725 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm starting out and looking for encouragement, too.
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    Options
    Consider it done. I have been here just over 60 days and will be happy to help you in any way that I can.
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    LauFlo1282,
    My name is Melanie and I am 32 years old. I have never been extremely overweight but have a TON of experience at putting on weight (I just had baby #5) and learning how to wrap my head around healthy eating and exercise in order to work that excess weight off. I come from an obese family and we all have struggles with food addictions to one level or another. The one thing I have going for me is that I learned to enjoy exercise when I was young and have kept up the habit throughout my life. I teach aerobics because I love working out with others and motivating them to push themselves and believe in themselves (while I die right along with them). Mostly I love the workouts when they are over. :) would love to be "friends" with you and help you find your groove and motivation throughout your journey. I'm already inspired by your desire to change. That takes a lot of courage and strength. What do you think?
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me!! I have also started a facebook support group if anyone is interested!
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm 28 and have been overweight for as long as I can remember as well. I've been on MFP for a while going back and forth. However, I NEED to get healthy. My husband and I want to have a baby and in order to do so, I need to get healthy...NOW! I'm there for ya if you're there for me.

I know I need someone to remind me to track my food and encourage me even when I have bad days or slight weight gain. It's those days that make me fall off the wagon. I also have trouble sticking around for the long haul! I'd be glad to help keep you accountable though and encourage you. Feel free to add me!