Calling All Those on a Low-Carb Diet!

Options
Hey fellow low-carbers!

I've been on MFP for about a year and a half but haven't participated in the social aspect of the site until now. I lead a low-carb, high-fat, wheat-free, sugar-free lifestyle - and I'd love for those of you who have a similar way of eating to add me as a friend on here. I am very diligent about updating my food diary and would love additional motivation to stay on track both nutrition- and exercise-wise. And I'd especially love to get some inspiration and ideas for new low-carb meals and snacks to add to my diet - from your food diaries. Thanks in advance! xo

Replies

• kajh2399
    kajh2399 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right now one of my favorite low-carb meal is Pizza, since i always want it. I take 1/2 of a chicken breast and pound it out to about 1/4" then broil/bake it.. i use this as my crust. i pat it dry then top it with all my favorite pizza topping (sliced tomatoes, spinach and fresh mozzorella) then bake it for about 10-12 more minutes. so yummy and satisfies my pizza craving. :)
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Right now one of my favorite low-carb meal is Pizza, since i always want it. I take 1/2 of a chicken breast and pound it out to about 1/4" then broil/bake it.. i use this as my crust. i pat it dry then top it with all my favorite pizza topping (sliced tomatoes, spinach and fresh mozzorella) then bake it for about 10-12 more minutes. so yummy and satisfies my pizza craving. :)

I do this as well. I love it! I will also take thin slices of chicken and use them as the noodles in Lasagna. Or a pizza omelette. My kids love those too. Shoot now I am hungry.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hmm interesting, I will have to try this!!
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly low carb, but I do prefer more fat and I can't eat gluten. My new favorite thing is to take two thin slices of spam, pan fry them until they are nice and crispy and then spread a layer of cream cheese between them. Sometimes I do it as a meal with a salad or some fruit and sometimes I do it as a snack. It's less than 150 calories, about two carbs, 11 g of fat, and 5 g protein. The only problem is that it is really high in sodium.
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use Lindas Low Carb Recipes
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am doing Keto with my husband. Feel free to add me. I love visiting http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes for low carb recipe ideas.

I just tried one this morning called Noatmeal

From the post
    Noatmeal: Equal parts unsweetened shredded coconut, flax meal, and chia seeds, plus a healthy dash of cinnamon. I make a big batch each week, scoop out a half cup of the mixture, add another half cup boiling water. Then let sit for a few min. Stir in a tablespoon or two of your favorite creamy substance (HWC/half n half/almond milk), top with a quarter cup of blackberries or raspberries, and NOM. Srsly good.
    Made this way including berries and 2tbsp HWC, its 467 cal, 36g fat, 6g net carbs (including 23g fiber!), 13g protein.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I mostly stick to low carb to keep my blood sugars in check. I've been lowering the amount little by little. My goal will be to keep it under 75g a day. My current goal is to keep it under 100.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

http://imgur.com/a/NPd5e

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/1w0c52/meat_lovers_pizza/
  • Hi, I have a gluten allergy and dairy sensitivity, and I followed a modified Paleo diet…which means that I mostly eat grains and dairy free, but I do eat salt , uncured, local bacon, and try to stick to it 85% of the time.

I do believe that a high healthy fat, high veggie, moderate fruit, small percentage of healthy carbs, low sugar diet is whats best for me, especially because I have low blood sugar. Last year I lost 40 lbs….I gained 7 over the holidays and am now 4 lbs away from my original goal weight. From there, I would like to lose 5-10 more, but would really like to focus on more consistent good eating choices and exercise then the number necessarily.

Oh my name is Alicia, I'm 33 and married with one 4 year old. SInce I've been gf for a long time, I have tons of ideas for food hacks (-:
  • Didisandiego
    Options
    I just started my low carb diet and i lose weight really fast when doing it. I just started my diet last tuesday 1/14 and im down 10 lbs as of today (10 days later). i eat 4 meals a day and work out 20-30 minutes a day by just walking on my treadmill. All i eat is chicken, fish and veggies. Oh and 1 egg in the morning. sometimes a piece of bacon and drink water all day long. Its very boring but i got another 10 lbs to lose and hoping i will be done with that in the next week and a half or 2. Every 3rd day i just eat the chicken and fish no veggies.
  • mypersonalfitnessjourney
    Options
    All great recipe/meal ideas! Thanks for sharing everyone! :-)

I'll share one of my own. This is my go-to breakfast:

CREAM CHEESE PANCAKES

- 2-3 tbsp cream cheese (I personally used whipped cream cheese)
    - 2 eggs
    - sweetener, to taste (I use 2 packets of Truvia)
    - cinnamon, to taste (I use 1 tbsp)
    - 1 tsp baking powder

Blend it all together (I find that a Magic Bullet gets me the best results), then pour the batter onto a frying pan and let cook, flip, serve, etc just like regular pancakes. They are delicious, and I usually serve them with a pat of melted butter on top and/or SF syrup. Pro tip: They taste absolutely delicious if you fry them in butter. I typically make two HUGE pancakes and fry each one in 1 tbsp of butter, on a low-medium heating setting. Enjoy! xo
  • Madmarsha
    Options
    Low carb, wheat free, sugar free here, too.

I sort of make that same chicken dish but I don't call it pizza. I modified it from a chicken rollatini recipe, but I agree I just love having the taste of all my favorite pizza toppings.
  • ElnuevoAdrian
    ElnuevoAdrian Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I made low carb Parmesan Chicken today.

http://i.imgur.com/VbgSkXp.jpg

Basically I mixed for the breading:

1/2 cup Almond meal
    1/4 cup Parmesan/Romano cheese (dry kind)
    1 tsp Garlic powder
    1 tsp Onion Powder
    1 tsp Salt
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 Chicken Breasts (mine came out to 18.5 ounces)

Mix all the dry ingredients together on a plate. Dip the chicken in the beaten eggs, then in the dry mix. Coat evenly and place in freezer for 10 minutes (helps to bind the breading to the chicken). In a pan with some EVOO add a tsp of Ghee or butter (just to add a bit of flavor to the oil) Fry the chicken until golden brown (a few minutes) The chicken will not be cooked through. That is ok.

then, use 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce (I love Trader Joe's Three Cheese Pomodoro Sauce) and place your chicken in a baking dish and cover with the sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. IF you want to make it easier, cut some slits on the top of the chicken just to make sure it evenly cooks through. When the chicken is about done, top with Provolone cheese and leave in the oven until the cheese is melted/bubbly.

Remove from dish and stuff it in your face. SOOOOOO F'N good!!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There are some great low carb and keto support forums here on MFP.

Keto Forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1143-keto
    Reddit Keto Forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1494-reddit-keto
    Low Carb / High Fat: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/7705-low-carb-high-fat-lifestyle
    Low Carber Daily Forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

For recipes -
    DJ Foodie
    I Breathe I'm Hungry
    All Day I dream About Food
    Caveman Keto

Good luck!
  • floridapanthergirl
    floridapanthergirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Low-carb also. No sugar, no wheat, rice corn oats etc. Wish I had gotten onto this years ago. Am down 54 pounds, and about 30 to go. My favorite recipe lately is Old Hippie Tabouli. Remember that? In this recipe I use quinoa instead of bulgar wheat. Also made Miso soup for breakfast. Very Asian, and yummy! Tabouli is chopped cucumber, green onions, parsley, garlic, tomatoes (lots of parsley) and about 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, olive oil and lemon juice, mix all together for a great salad alternative! I would love to have some new low carb friends!
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I want to be part of this group! I'm so bored with grilled chicken and salad, I've just recently started looking for more creative ways to prepare foods that are low-carb, higher fat and protein. Loving the recipes and links.

Someone posted this link last night:

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/
  • pjboone
    Options
    I like thinly sliced ham or the packaged Buddig brand meat, spread with cream cheese and wrap around a dill pickle spear or green onion. Chill. then slice.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I considered low carb once. Then I remembered eggos were carby.

More power to you folks :flowerforyou:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I just got a new book called Peace + Love + Low Carb The cookbook 3 ingredients to a healthier you! by Kyndra Holley So I'm going to try doing low carb also.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I do LOWER carb. Anyone can feel free to add me. Always love looking at diaries for ideas. Mine is open to friends as well.