Looking for fun activities

I am looking for fun exercise related activities for my wife and I to do when the temperature is below 0 outside. Normally we would go for a walk, play softball, or something like that but, it is to damn cold and we don't want to sit on the couch all weekend. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    My husband and I bought a cheap weight set and really enjoy working out together with it!

We are doing Stronglifts 5x5 if you are curious!
  • fatattackmac
    fatattackmac Posts: 14 Member
    thank you
  • I do tai chi at home...I've recently found a sword workout as well that is a lot like tai chi but works as a weight to build more muscle. But, you need a pretty large space to be wielding a sword around!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Do you have a gaming system? There are all sorts of Wii games or Xbox kinect games that get you up and moving!

Or you could turn on some music and dance? My husband and I discussed taking a weekend dance class for a while... until we had our daughter anyway, lol. But even just throwing on some music and dancing together in the living room can be fun, and keep you active. :)
  • fatattackmac
    good ideas, thank you. I'm not much of a dancer, me dancing is more like comedy hour
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius? When its minus zero (Celsius) I still go out for walks, cannot hike because of the snow.

If there is snow, try snowshoeing, cross country skiing, going to the pools, skating rink, see if there are drop in sports near where you live like badminton, dodgeball, etc or even a drop in fitness class.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    See if there is a rock climbing gym near you!!! Great to do with two people (since you need someone to belay for you) and it's a great activity to do for couples because you get to work together, encourage each other, learn something new, and see how much better you get together!

LOL, I love rock climbing, it's a full body workout. I used to go with a boyfriend of mine and we would do speed competitions where we climbed a really easy route super fast to see who could get the best time, great cardio.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Yoga! It's fun to do with someone :) And you can spot each other for handstands and backbends!
  • fatattackmac
    thanks guys. all good ideas
  • Rock climbing is so much fun!