'muffin top' help

Options
I've developed what I call the 'inner tube' effect, aka, muffin top. I've heard (and figured out for myself) that it's the hardest place to lose the weight. Does anyone have any good, (fast acting) exercised to get rid of it, or at least shrink it? Food choices either? I'd really appreciate it!

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is not way to spot reduce fat. So just eat a healthy diet, and do high intensity cardio to lose fat. Everyone is different, it comes off different places of the body on different people.
  • Loseittoo
    Loseittoo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is not way to spot reduce fat. So just eat a healthy diet, and do high intensity cardio to lose fat. Everyone is different, it comes off different places of the body on different people.

Quoted for truth.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    They're so right about ab fat...it sticks unless you change your diet and add cardio. However, I do find that I get a cute little waist (briefly!) when I really concentrate on getting my ab workouts in around my cardio and strength training. Doing lots of reps and several different exercises helps. Make sure you're getting your obliques, lower abs, and upper abs! You'll feel so healthy and maybe help speed the fat loss along!
  • IKnowICan
    Options
    I agree with the other posters however, I was just reading that Vitamin D can reduce Belly Fat....need to read it further and find out for sure. If worse comes to worse for the Holidays I've been wearing those spandex undershirts that hold it all it:laugh: :wink: They even make then for men now:smokin:

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The best way to burn lots of fat, and I don't mean spot reduce because the above posts are 100% true, is to increase the intensity of your exercise to as high as you can stand...and this might mean doing intervals so you can rest in between. The higher the intensity, the higher your heart rate, and that means the more calories you burn. Also, lifting weights to put muscle on your body helps out dramatically. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest.

Just remember that ANY moving you do burns calories and increases the metabolism. But the fastest way to do it is exercise at high intensity and add some weight training.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've noticed my muffin top diminishing in the past 2 months since I've been doing more intense cardio. I use Turbo Fire to work out 6 days a week, and it uses interval training. Supposedly interval training is good for revving up your metabolism, which helps to burn fat. So if you haven't given interval training a try, maybe add it in. Running and walking intervals is a good way to get it in, or if you're already a running do faster running and jogging intervals. Only time and cardio will really help though, but working you abs a few times a week can improve it's appearance. It won't make the fat go away though. I've only noticed recently that my stomach has started to flatten out, the skin is finally catching up to my fat loss it seems.
  • marmite230
    Options

Vaser High def Lipo! this will spot reduce fat ! LOL

Seriously though, High protein lower carb diet with lots of cardio.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The only way to eliminate body fat (which you seem to carry in your middle) is thru lots of cardio and fat loss thru cutting calories. You can help this along by (or just do it once you've lost the majority of the muffin top fat) strengthening your core muscles, specifically your obliques!
  • untamedheart
    Options
    Plank exercises for your abs are great too!! That with some regular ab workouts and cardio will help to build your core muscles
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I swear I'm going to be the only person who has a 'ripped' 4-pack and a spare tire at the same time.
  • kerrera
    Options
    everyone is different and i agree with the others lots of cardio and fat burning weight training. Although bizarrely i dont have a muffin top, that went quickly i have a baby belly i cant shift (last son 10lb 3 i blame him). So there you are we all keep it in different places.
  • glimmer01
    glimmer01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The show "The Dr.'s" actually talked about that a couple of episodes ago. I can't remember what they said to help it, but you could go to their website.