Fitbit and HRM

Options
I do high intensity cardio. While doing it, I wear my fitbit and my chest strap heart rate monitor (HRM). I do believe in eating back your calories. So I take the number my HRM says and subtract the number my fitbit says (which is usually about 100 more calories) and try to manually input this into MFP. I have also allowed MFP to get negative exercise calories from my fitbit. So here is the question. How do I get the combined programs to allow me to eat back these calories? For some reason, though both sites acknowledge the increase in calories burned. Fitbit will subtract all the calories I just inputted (the 100 or so I typed in) from my daily calories. In other words, I say I can eat 100 more calories thanks to exercise. Fitbit and MFP combined only give me literally 1 or 2 more calories towards my total to eat.

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    So why not just let the fitbit sync without inputting the calories?

I am having trouble understanding your question I think. Are you really sedentary the rest of the day, so it thinks you should not be listed as active as you are?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't understand either but maybe try taking your Fitbit off when you're using your HRM and just logging your HRM burn, and disallowing the negative calorie adjustment.
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am a little confused by this. I have both and use both regularly. I only use my HRM when I am in workout mode and the Fitbit all the time. My fitbit automaticly syncs with MFP and as for my HRM I log it manually and with the fitbit synced it asked me for the time I did the workout I log this and then it takes care of the rest.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    When you enter in your HRM calories along with the start and stop time it will manually adjust the FitBit calories. So if you're subtracting them from the HRM calories first it is actually subtracting them twice.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you read2rock. You had the right answer. I never would have guessed it was deducting the calories twice.