Polar HRM strap care?

Options
I'm not sure if this should go here, but i was wondering how everyone cleans the strap for their heart rate monitor. ive read the instructions on how to clean it but i wanted to know if others clean it a different way or not. Also it says to clean it in a wash bag, i don't have one at the moment. should i put it in the wash anyway for a while until i get one or no?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can hand wash it with a gentle soap, just make sure you rinse it really really well. FYI, you can find those washing bags at most dollar stores. I wouldn't put it in the washer without a bag, especially if your machine has a center aggitator (sp?) as it could get wound around that.

I wash mine every month or so. Throw it in the bag with my bras, take it out before I put them in the drier (99% of the time LOL) and let the strap air dry. I wet it before every use but don't usually rinse it off after as recommended.
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    okay thanks for the advice :D
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used mine alot. I would just rinse it off in the shower and hang to dry, and every 2 weeks run it through the washing machine. It has held up very well.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I take a shower right after I get home so I take the strap in the shower with me and use body wash and hang it on my towel holder while I am in the shower and its dry come the next day to go work out again :) It may not be the correct way but that's the way I do it