Hello! Looking for anyone wanting to lose 50+ lbs

Options
Hello, MFP members! My name is Mimi, and I am a 40 year old single mother of two great kids. I live in San Antonio, TX, and I'm so excited to be on a new weight loss journey. I originally joined MFP a couple of years ago, and successfully lost 45 pounds with diet and plenty of exercise. Well, life has had its ups and downs in the past year, and I have gained back almost all the weight I lost. My boyfriend of 3.5 years is in the Air Force and he's about to leave for South Korea for a year. I am looking to lose about 50 pounds between now and June, which I know is doable since I did it in 2011. He's supposed to visit me for my birthday in August, and I'd like to look fabulous in my "welcome home" outfit! But, I think having support is a wonderful thing! So, I was wondering if you'd like to be accountability partners, and show positive support during the weight loss journey. The 50 pound goal is just a beginning for me, but is my immediate goal. Eventually, I'd like to lose a total of 147 pounds, which will place me in a healthy weight range for my height. Also, I want to be around to enjoy activities with my children and potential grandchildren in the future. I hope we can be friends, and accomplish our goals together!

Replies

• frankeexxx
    Options
    Hey! I want to lose a large amount of weight as well - perhaps we can do it together :smile:

10970817.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • TXAPPLE73
    Options
    Awesome! I'm trying to figure out how to add friends! :happy: I'll be happy to join the weight loss journey with you. ~Mimi
  • mmiller2584
    mmiller2584 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Megan and I've been using MFP for about a year now. My goal is just about the same. As of now, I've lost 22 pounds but I actually still have about 45 more pounds to go. It's been really hard to lose any more weight. I've been at a standstill with my progress for about 6 months now actually. So I am totally up for support all around because it's taking a lot of work and dedication to stay on track!
  • Bedinger74
    Bedinger74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there. My name is Kim and I am looking to loose more than 50 pounds but would love to be friends and have some additional support and be able to support someone else! :wink:
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 60 lbs to go and would love to be your friend! Adding you!
  • TXAPPLE73
    Options
    Awesome! Got the request! :happy:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi there... feel free to add me. I already lost my 50 pounds and now maintain but I'm on every day logging. :) Good luck!!!
  • maggymae78
    maggymae78 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat of needing to lose a large amount of weight (about 100 lbs). I'm just getting started and would look forward to the support!
    Maggy
  • juleschristenberry
    Options
    Hi, Mimi! I sent you a friend request. My name is Jules, I'm almost 43, from Oklahoma. I need to lose about 150 more pounds. I've lost nearly 60 so far, 45 of it before I found MFP. I would love to have more MFP friends to have/give support.
  • alison932
    Options
    Hi, everyone. My name is Alison and I too am on the same weight loss journey. My first goal is to lose 50 pounds and continue from there. Would love to be encouraged and help encourage all of you. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi Mimi,

I have about 70 pounds yet to lose. I am always on the lookout for more friends. I agree that the friends on MFP are AWESOME! I could not have done what I have so far without them. I am sending you a friend request.
  • curvaceousvixen
    curvaceousvixen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice to see a lot of people in the same boat.

My name is Julie and I am aspiring to loose weight as well. Current Weight is 257 and I am 5' 0" so it is taking a toll on my body. I have done MFP but never actually stuck to it as well as I could. I did Lose It! once and was very successful but because I got pregnant, dieting and loosing weight had to take a stall. I want to have a second kid and my husband made me a promise that we could have another kid if I loos weight. (He doesn't want another kid, in general) I also obviously want to do it for myself and the baby I already have. She needs a mother who will play with her.

Feel free to shoot me a friend request. I am also an Xbox nerd so gaming talk and nerd talk is always fun. Working for Xbox Tech Support kind of does that too ya. HaHa

EDIT: Forgot to tell you my goal weight. At this very moment it is to get to where I was the first time I successfully lost weight. I went from 230.0LBS to 207.0LBS. A Loss of 23lbs and it felt amazing. All in all about 150LBS is where I would love to be at the end and maintain that.

Sorry wow long post LOL
  • reeny34
    reeny34 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, My name is Shareen and I have been on MFP for just over 2 weeks but have been dieting for just over 3. I am looking to lose roughly the same as you (55lbs). So far, I have lost 7 lbs but have 48 lbs to go.

I would love to be friends... Maybe we can motivate each other?

Feel free to add me :happy: