Protein that don't taste chalky weird

Options
I never really muddled too much into the protein field but see all kinds of different recipes. I don't like chocolate so keep that in mind. I was wondering what is your favorite protein powder and what you take it for... will it keep me fuller longer. I think I know about protein but I don't want to take it and it just make me fat because I don't exercise enough. Give me a dumb down version of protein powder and what you use it for and what your favorite type is.

Again I don't want to get "cut" or "ripped" I just want to get healthier and not have tons of cravings.

Replies

• scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I really like the MuscleTech Phase 8 vanilla myself. I usually use it as a snack or pre/post workout drink.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Chicken. It tastes like chicken.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder as a supplement to hit my protein goals for the day.

Using protein powder will not help you lose weight.

Using protein powder and going over your daily calorie goal will result in you either maintaining or gaining weight, depending on how many calories you go over your goal.

Using protein powder while staying within your calorie deficit will result in weight loss.

I use Syntha-6 vanilla ice cream flavor and I drink it after my workouts. I chose this brand because we already had it (my husband uses it) and it's ok for me to drink while nursing.
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I really like the MuscleTech Phase 8 vanilla myself. I usually use it as a snack or pre/post workout drink.
    i have fallen in love with the MuscleTech Phase 8 stuff. the taste is amazing. i can't speak for vanilla as i have only had the chocolate and PB choco, but if the vanilla tastes as good as those. and BB.com had BOGO on the 2 lbs recently. i just use it cause to get 223 grams of protein just by eating chicken and eggs or meats is a lot. i just like it. i am not using it to get ripped either. just maintain fitness and calories/macros. so it helps me get my protein macros and also a sweet type treat. when i have mixed the muscletech with almond or soy milk and let it sit overnight or til lunch it almost gets a pudding consistency. love it. i eat it with a spoon.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use Myprotein Impact Whey (strawberry cream), but I don't think they have any American presence. I use it because it is a fairly cost efficient way to take in enough protein and has a favourabe protein to calorie ratio for me. There is absolutely no need to buy anything flashy so don't fall for the marketing.

Treat it the same as you do other food. Protein powder ≠ magic.