Trying to reclaim my health

Options
Hi,
My name is Ted, im a borderline type 2 diabetic. For the last couple of months I have been feeling really bad! Waking up was a challenge and it felt like I was going to die at any time. My health is not good what so ever. I have lost a lot of weight before in the past by dieting but I was still very unhealthy do to not working out and I was a heavy smoker.

As of right now I have quit smoking about 6 months ago :) Feels great!
and I went out and got a really good mountain bike and have been riding everyday for the last couple of weeks trying to build up my strength and stamina. As of today I weigh around 206lbs and have a BF of 31.5% and M Mass of 33%.

My goal is to be at 180-175 LBS. with a BF of 9-18% and a M Mass of 40-45%
Im trying to reach my goal by the beginning of spring.
Im looking for others with similar goals to friend me so we can motivate each other and share results.
Im dedicated and will achieve my goals. Will you be there with me?

Replies

• WrenEileen
    Options
    HI I am also new to this site.. I think you have done wonderful on your journey and esp for kicking the habit.. That is wonderful
    I also quit them ..
  • twistedted420
    twistedted420 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Ya quitting was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. It was a nightmare. But I wouldn't trade the feeling of being able to take a deep breath and feeling the cool air in my lungs for anything! It was a start to a new beginning for me and a proving point for me to see how much will power I really have. I know now that if I can quit smoking I can do anything. Mind over matter right lol.

That is awesome that you quit smoking as well!
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    YOU are so right on that one Smoking is wicked.. YOU will be a new person now...
    It does get better the longer it goes..
    I also smoked big time ( 28yrs) and I am off of them.. My joints are so much better now..
    I exercise and bike and hike and etc I am into all kinds of things..
    I have taken back my life and do not regret it now.. I was a bear when I quit.. YOU have your life back..